Is wax different to sealant ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is wax different to sealant ?

Yes. A sealant is a man made product. Wax is a natural product although there are some imitation ones out there.

Just buy Dodo juice supernatural hybrid its a sealant and wax in one, will last around 4 months.
    I want to go out of this world the way i came in...kicking and screaming and covered in somebody elses blood...

Comment

wilco, on 18 May 2014 - 01:05 AM, said:
      And here's one right now although there's another already in the thread Hi Bradley! As has already been said sealant= man made and wax is natural. Different products that suit different colours really. Sealants for white/ silver and waxes generally for darker colours. That said mine is Carbon flash and has sealant on it during the winter purely for extra protection and better dirt repellency.
      No matter if you are using a wax or sealant the paintwork must be down to the bare bones, if i`m doing correction or a full decon i strip everything of the paint first.

Pre-wash

rinse with power washer

Ironx

rinse

Tardis

Rinse

Dry

Polish

Panel wipe

Wash

Dry

Then wax

Last time i did this i started at midnight at work and didnt finish until 10am but i did vac and do the alloys with bilberry then planet polish wheel shine and sealant.

i was knackered for 2 days but the paintwork wont need touching again for 4 months, i top up with BSD and watch the shine even on white

I dont have any hobbies now, fishing and shooting have taken a back seat. I wash my car every sunday at work in the wash lane...
      I want to go out of this world the way i came in...kicking and screaming and covered in somebody elses blood...

Comment

And breathe!!! Once it's done properly it's pretty easy to take care of from then on!

Comment

So if I've waxed the car regularly and want to start using sealant, do I have to strip the car of wax first or can I apply the sealant over wax and then re-apply the wax??

Comment

Yes. I've done this many times. You're basically just building up layers of protection.

Comment

Cheers Scotty, that's the answer I'd hoped for...got some poorboys EX-P sealant in the post, should be here by the weekend.

Comment

Working...
              X