An amateur's shot at detailing + scratch remover w/ photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An amateur's shot at detailing + scratch remover w/ photos

Amazing job so far. Well done. The after clay pic looks cool. Car looks like a ghost reflecting the building

Autosol on the chrome around the windows is good. Use very little of the product

Comment

I use Megs quick internal??detailer for the dash and plastic trim comes up like new.

Comment

I bought one of them mits last weekend and spent 5 hrs on car, they really are good. When doing the lower half of the doors it sounds like sandpaper till the clay gets all the **** off the paint and ends up like glass. I like my car to be clean but wouldn't say I'm an avid detailer but this is probably best 12 quid I've spent
        ​2015 Sri vx line nav Biturbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Would be tempted to use a household carpet cleaner on interior like a vax ,for quickness.
          ​2015 Sri vx line nav Biturbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

abucd4, on 08 June 2014 - 04:04 PM, said:

Does this give a matt or a shiny finish? I'm wary of making it too shiny as I did this in my old peugeot and couldn't see anything but the reflection of the dash in the windscreen for months (oops) />

It super cleans the surface of the paint. The finish depends on the condition and type of paint. If you clay a matte car it will stay matte. If you clay a shiney car it will be shiney

Comment

abucd4, on 08 June 2014 - 04:04 PM, said:
              Does this give a matt or a shiny finish? I'm wary of making it too shiny as I did this in my old peugeot and couldn't see anything but the reflection of the dash in the windscreen for months (oops)

matt finish

Comment

Working...
              X