Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One man's view on mods

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • One man's view on mods

    Found this article - admittedly about modding older cars - but I must agree with his philosophy
    https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/maga...fied-classics/
    2018 1.5T SRi Nav
    Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

  • #2
    Do you have a picture of your 1st or 2nd car Pete

    IN MEMORY OF NIGHTSCREAM THE 1.6 TURBO SRI NAV
    Now driving - Mazda 6 Tourer SE-L Lux Nav+ 2.0 143 Skyactiv-G

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by sriray View Post
      Do you have a picture of your 1st or 2nd car Pete
      It was a Horseless carriage......then he had one and there was a man who had to walk in front of it waving a flag

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by sriray View Post
        Do you have a picture of your 1st or 2nd car Pete
        Unfortunately not, Ray. In the days before digital, people tended to take less photos than now. Somewhere I've got prints of my first NEW car (a Capri), and my old Humber Sceptre, I'll try to dig them out and scan them sometime
        2018 1.5T SRi Nav
        Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by RBH View Post
          It was a Horseless carriage......then he had one and there was a man who had to walk in front of it waving a flag
          Yeah, here's a picture of him:
          Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200214_143156.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	51.6 KB
ID:	244669
          2018 1.5T SRi Nav
          Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by PeteH View Post
            Found this article - admittedly about modding older cars - but I must agree with his philosophy
            https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/maga...fied-classics/
            Talking about modded cars.
            I was in the car park at one of my jobs yesterday...when this older Merc came in......and I thought....every bloody tacky extra from haulfrauds has been purchased and fitted to this.
            Then an older gentleman about 90 - a bit younger than you Pete, got out the drivers seat and walked away.

            I silently laughed as this is probably be his pride and joy.
            To be honest, the car is in really good condition for its age.

            Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200213_102221938.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	84.1 KB
ID:	244670
            Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200213_102246750.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	80.8 KB
ID:	244671
            Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200213_102302969.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	71.3 KB
ID:	244672

            Comment


            • #7
              Who remembers Barry boys?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Samyam View Post
                Who remembers Barry boys?

                They loved ripping it out of the vectras

                Comment


                • #9
                  Them chrome wheel archers!! [emoji1360][emoji1360][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by RBH View Post
                    Talking about modded cars.
                    I was in the car park at one of my jobs yesterday...when this older Merc came in......and I thought....every bloody tacky extra from haulfrauds has been purchased and fitted to this.
                    Then an older gentleman about 90 - a bit younger than you Pete, got out the drivers seat and walked away.

                    I silently laughed as this is probably be his pride and joy.
                    To be honest, the car is in really good condition for its age.

                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]3803[/ATTACH]
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]3804[/ATTACH]
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]3805[/ATTACH]
                    I can't believe I'm saying this but there is to much chrome!
                    2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” powder coated alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front sports seats with driver’s AGR - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - OnStar connection - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 incorporating AA/ACP and DAB

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by marko301 View Post
                      I can't believe I'm saying this but there is to much chrome!
                      In fact the more I look at it, the more I'm thinking this bloke got out of it.
                      2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” powder coated alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front sports seats with driver’s AGR - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - OnStar connection - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 incorporating AA/ACP and DAB

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Is that Huggy Bear? (Now THERE'S a test for the old memory )
                        2018 1.5T SRi Nav
                        Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by marko301 View Post
                          In fact the more I look at it, the more I'm thinking this bloke got out of it.
                          I'm gutted I never took a pic of him.
                          He was around 90, thick black rimmed glasses, his hair put white - same as his big bulky trainers, he had bright green tracksuit bottoms on with a twin orange stripe going up them and one of them bright red Ferrari jackets with all the logos on

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by RBH View Post
                            I'm gutted I never took a pic of him.
                            He was around 90, thick black rimmed glasses, his hair put white - same as his big bulky trainers, he had bright green tracksuit bottoms on with a twin orange stripe going up them and one of them bright red Ferrari jackets with all the logos on
                            Sounds like he'd popped out from a movie set for his lunch
                            2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” powder coated alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front sports seats with driver’s AGR - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - OnStar connection - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 incorporating AA/ACP and DAB

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by marko301 View Post
                              Sounds like he'd popped out from a movie set for his lunch
                              The nurse must have left the ward door unlocked and he escaped from next bed to Pete

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X