Front badge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front badge

Im a bit nervous that someones going to nick my front badge. Ive see a few insignia with their front badges missing, and im pretty certain they didn't just fall off. Ive looked at the prices of them, and they are not cheap.

Is there anyway i can secure it more somehow?.
    12 plate 1.8 petrol.

Originally posted by Jace View Post
    Im a bit nervous that someones going to nick my front badge. Ive see a few insignia with their front badges missing, and im pretty certain they didn't just fall off. Ive looked at the prices of them, and they are not cheap.

Is there anyway i can secure it more somehow?.
    It's a design fault mate.
    the clips that hold it on to the grille moulding, they go brittle and fall off.

I'd remove yours clean up the rear of the badge then use sikaflex to bond it.
    Hold the badge in place with masking tape and give the sikaflex time to cure.

Either that or your shelling out 35+ for another one

Comment

Alright nice one I'll order that bonding.
      12 plate 1.8 petrol.

Comment

I did exactly what Rab is recommended the clips on mine were really brittle re-fixed and now on safe and sound I thought the same as you that there was a fantom badge pincher about

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I know people do nick them.

Theres an insignia same as mine thats been parked up near me for a few months with a flat tire. The owner left a note that he was broken down and be back but its still there. I was driving past a few days back, and someone has taken the badge off it.

Just reading this...someone actually stole someones front grill.

"Jonathan Cave added: "My son had his whole front grill taken from his Vauxhall. Hope you catch them."

Charlotte Anne wrote: "Our Insignia badge was taken last week from where we were parked near the chippy and walked down to it."

https://www.lincolnshirelive.co.uk/n...en-car-4326145
          12 plate 1.8 petrol.

Comment

If mine was pinched, I'd go to the stealer. If you bye on e bay you may be byeing your old badge back. I wouldn't give the scrote a penny for my old one
            Sport Touror Elite 163

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Dave71 View Post
              If mine was pinched, I'd go to the stealer. If you bye on e bay you may be byeing your old badge back. I wouldn't give the scrote a penny for my old one
              I've bought them off eBay......lookers Vauxhall, pentagon etc are still a lot cheaper than buying from the stealers on the high street.

Comment

Working...
              X