Dent in outer sill - MOT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dent in outer sill - MOT

Hi, some nice person has damaged the outer sill of the car whilst parked outside of work. Sure it was the BT worker when they removed the manhole cover.

Question is, will this be an MOT fail or is the outer part of the sill not structural? I popped of the rubber plugs underneath and can see no damage to the inner sill.

It's not rotten or a hole, so it can't be classed as a fail
    https://insignia-drivers.uk/filedata/fetch?filedataid=7610&sigpic=1

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
      It's not rotten or a hole, so it can't be classed as a fail
      Thanks, that's a bit of good news. No rush to get it sorted then.
      any experience with the hot glue slide hammers? Thinking of getting one a trying to pull the worst of the dent out myself.

Comment

They work ok if you make sure that the surfaces are spotlessly clean. Disappointing until I cleaned the surface properly then it did the job. Depends also on how severe the dent is, larger flatter areas work better

Comment

Originally posted by Humbug View Post
          They work ok if you make sure that the surfaces are spotlessly clean. Disappointing until I cleaned the surface properly then it did the job. Depends also on how severe the dent is, larger flatter areas work better
          Got one ordered, will give it a go at the weekend. Even if I can get the worst of it out I'll be happy.

Comment

If the MOT places are that strict, we see a lot of MOT failures on body work and everycar on the road will be spotless.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaggys24 View Post

Got one ordered, will give it a go at the weekend. Even if I can get the worst of it out I'll be happy.
              Did you get it sorted mate? I have the same on my car passenger side. Was previous owner's doing.
              I asked around PDR guys all told me they cannot pull that out and will require a trip to bodyshop.
              Wondering also if installing skirts may cover the dent? :0

Comment

Originally posted by DaveSG View Post

Did you get it sorted mate? I have the same on my car passenger side. Was previous owner's doing.
                I asked around PDR guys all told me they cannot pull that out and will require a trip to bodyshop.
                Wondering also if installing skirts may cover the dent? :0
                No mate, couldn't get it done with PDR. Been quoted 280 to get it repaired from a local body shop.
                was thinking same about installing skirts to hide it but will cost more for skirts from what I have seen.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaggys24 View Post

No mate, couldn't get it done with PDR. Been quoted 280 to get it repaired from a local body shop.
                  was thinking same about installing skirts to hide it but will cost more for skirts from what I have seen.
                  Expect to pay around 150 for a set of skirts if very lucky they'll be in your colour, but if not then expect to pay the same again for the to be painted.

If you find a pair of skirts, try to make sure they come with the OEM fitting clips, this makes things a dam site easier when fitting them
                  2016 1.4T SRi Nav (IntelliLink Navi900) S/S
                  Stage 1 remap, Irmscher Style Door Pins, Full Buick Regal Badges & Airbag cover, VX Line Flat Bottom Steering Wheel (Colour coded), Custom 8' Digital Dash Cluster / Clocks, Video in Motion, Forge Atmospheric DV, Iridium NGK Plugs, Hardwall Hose Induction kit with Ramair JS108 Filter, Custom CNC Machined Dipstick, Custom CNC Oil, PS, Coolant & Window Washer bottle Caps, Under Bonnet Mirrors, RS Bonnet Vents, Custom Radiator Cover, 25mm Eibach Spacers (Front & Rear), VXR Brembo Calipers, Camaro 32mm x 355mm Discs & EBC Redstuff Pads, -40mm Direnza Springs, Dual Exit Exhaust, 20" VX Line Elite Alloys, Elite Rear Boot Tail Lights, Heko's, Irmscher Rear Window Spoiler, Ducktail Spoiler, Full VX-Line Kit, ESC Magnetic Sump Plug, Nextbase 512GW Front & Rear Dash Cams, Reverse Cam.

Comment

Skirts are rare as hen's teeth where i am. Insignias in general are super rare. Don't even want to try asking Opel here if they have any.

Comment

Working...
                    X