Quick detailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick detailer

Blisscarcare I used your quick detailer this morning.
    very impressive.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210825_113407460.jpg
Views:	436
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	309748

Name:	IMG_20210825_113326549.jpg
Views:	435
Size:	69.7 KB
ID:	309747

Name:	IMG_20210825_113233918.jpg
Views:	435
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	309746

Name:	IMG_20210825_113155597.jpg
Views:	444
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	309745
    https://insignia-drivers.uk/filedata/fetch?filedataid=7610&sigpic=1

Looking well fella

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

siggy 1.6 vx line from sunny Dumbarton few mods to do to get it how I want it

Comment

Looks minted. Nice deep gloss on it

Comment

Looking good Rab... oh, and for the record, I don't like pegging anymore haha

Comment

That is a fantastic shine .
          and its from a super fantastic company
          Win win situation there
          POINT TO NOTE -i e lived a sheltered life so I'm not sure what pegging means
          but sounds like fun !
          also like piles, it will grow on you and you may learn to like it!

.K.M.P.C.U
          YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Haha cock

Comment

Originally posted by Lizard View Post
              Looking good Rab... oh, and for the record, I don't like pegging anymore haha
              That's got to be up there for post of the year award surely!

Comment

Very nice RBH,brings the colour to life
                Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
                Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Hi Lads,

So I have used Autoglym Quick detailer and have been happy enough with the results, I've got my hands on ABDL ceramic QD which I hope to use over the next few weeks.

I do have some questions, maybe some of the more experienced people could comment?
                  I expect the ABDL to be a good product, would it be a good idea to use Autoglym Polar Seal over this?

Would it be a good idea to wax the car, then use a QD and then use Polar Seal?

Regards,
                  Alan.
                  PS. The car is not ceramic coated, the paintwork is in pretty good condition.

Comment

Hi Alan,the waxing would be the last step to seal your hard work,q.d. will just keep the the wax topped up.
                    How far do you want to go?
                    EG jet wash,snow foam,two bucket hand wash,clay bar (decomtaminate),polish then wax
                    Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Originally posted by Howy View Post
                      Hi Alan,the waxing would be the last step to seal your hard work,q.d. will just keep the the wax topped up.
                      How far do you want to go?
                      EG jet wash,snow foam,two bucket hand wash,clay bar (decomtaminate),polish then wax
                      Hi Howy,
                      So this is my normal process ( I am very new to this):
                      • Clean wheels first, fallout remover etc. I have coated them with Gtechniq C5, barrels and faces. And rinse off.
                      • Rinse car with pressure washer.
                      • Snow Foam and then rinse.
                      • Contact wash, two bucket method.
                      • Rinse again and dry with microfibre at this point I also dry the wheels and tyres (not with the same microfibre :-)
                      • Finish with a QD.
                      Could you advise me on what steps I should do i.e. once the wash and dry is done, QD then wax, if I'm reading you right? Would Autoglym Polar Seal be a good option after the wax?
                      Sorry for all the questions, I'd like to get a good process.

Regards,
                      Alan.

PS. I don't have a polisher and it is something I would be very nervous about doing myself.

Comment

Hi Alan,once dry,a good polish by hand,if you then wax this will seal,qd can be used when drying to help with water spots,I just wax,but some may apply a sealer also.
                        This is mine done by hand:
                        My Blue Elite 16T - Insignia Drivers UK Forum (insignia-drivers.uk)

Comment

WOW, that is fantastic Howy! Can I ask what polish you used? I got my hands on an Autoglym High definition wax kit.

Comment

Thanks Alan,It was done with a powerwash,snowfoam,rinse,wash,decontaminated,clay bar,rinse,wash,dry then Autofinesse tripple polish and then the famous Fusso Coat waxthen the wife came out and commented that the grass needs cutting

Comment

Working...
                            X