Claying....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Claying....

Today will be my first attempt at claying my siggy, hopefully it wil be a monumental success. I'll post some before and after pics to see if its worth the effort...........here goes!!!

in my excitement I forgot to take some "before" pics but after hours of hard graft here's the results of my first claying experience. I was so surprised at the amount of crap that was left on the clay and at how smoooooooth the paintwork turned out, after a good coat of wax I'm over the moon with the results.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Looking cool, well done!

I suspect it looks even better "in the flesh", so to speak. Photographs never quite seem to do a well prepared car justice.
          Elite ST 2.0i Auto. Power Red With All The Toys

Comment

Thanks mate, it does look better in the flesh, going to sort out under the bonnet next week.

Comment

looks fantastic mate well done.

Comment

Cheers mate, used the meguiars clay kit from Halfords, best ?26 I've ever spent. Including a coat of meguiars wax it took about 3.5 hours but I don't think it'll take that long next time. Cleaning the glass and giving the interior a wipe over made it a 5 hour job but I'd say more than worth it after seeing the results,

Comment

Does that mean the kids can use the clay to put pictures on the wall?

Comment

Me neither. Good side business for a few guys on here who love doing it

Comment

Nice to know if I drop my clay a visit to WH Smiths will get the job finished....

Comment

I want to clay my car but the thought scares me. When i think of clay i think of my pottery classes and hard abrasive clay. I know this clay is synthetic stuff but still abit unsure

Comment

How can I put this.......I was unsure about the work I was about to undertake and skeptical about results but I could not have been more surprised. No skill needed, just a bit of elbow grease and a descent wax. When done I think the paintwork is better than new and having never been a one for cleaning cars, I' now look forward to giving it a quick detail. Give it a go, you'll be amazed!!

Comment

Is the clay mist something special or would water do the job.
                            I want to go out of this world the way i came in...kicking and screaming and covered in somebody elses blood...

Comment

Just washed the car so i thought i`d do a small section with the clay, did a small bit on the tail and its come up as smooth as silk and took away 2 small brown marks i couldnt move with the tar remover or soap
                              I want to go out of this world the way i came in...kicking and screaming and covered in somebody elses blood...

Comment

Working...
                              X