paint peeling on my new car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• paint peeling on my new car

A week gone sat i drove to kent of all places to pick up my new car,well 6 months??old ,On coming home i gave it a good clean and noticed the paint on back bumper at point where it meets the light had a couple of chips out of it and like a rippled affect coming away from it

I emailed the garage and they more or less said it was in perfect condition and i must have done it and said they would not be re spraying it but if i poped in (330 miles each way) they would touch it in to take my eye away from it

I find this unaceptable and have told them so in a email on monday but they have not replyed to it so i sent another email today asking for them to contact me within 24 hours to sort it for me as i have been into another local dealer to me and they say its definatly been a poor respray

Where do i stand and what??can??i do to get them to pay the ?337 i have been quoted for a re spray of full bumper

I look forward to your replyes,Tony

It mis-selling if they haven't told you about the respray and allowed you to inspect the work before signing on the died line. You'd certainly have a case if you took them to court. Tell them your local Vauxhall says it's been badly resprayed. Due to this vx corrosion guarantee is void too

Comment

I bought it from perrys and was told it was in perfect condition not a mark on it and when i sent them the pics they said it must have been me who done it i will put pics up on facebook page as i can never get them to come up on here for some reason so if some kind sir could put them on for me so all can see

Comment

No but it's been resprayed so vx won't give two hoots

Comment

pics now on facebook page

Comment

yes it was main dealer but they maintain no paintwork has been done

Comment

yes got all paperwork to say car is mine and has gone through all checks its only got 2k miles on so been nowhere i think i will send pics off to vauxhall customer services in morning

Comment

has anyone got a email address for vauxhall customer services

Comment

Duncan.aldred@vauxhall.co.UK is your best bet. He's the big boss. Otherwise it's on their website I think. You'd be better ringing though in the first instance

Comment

Thanks mark i have sent a email to them and also coppied in duncan.aldred as well thank you jmangee

I hope i get somewhere as its a lot better car than my last one

Comment

Well i got a phone call from vx customer services and found them not very helpful,They asked me to go to another dealer get some more pictures taken by them and ask them to put it in for a warrenty claim

So off i went he took some pics of paintwork then spotted overspray under wheel arch and that paint coming off right down edge of bumper but refused to put in a warrenty claim as it would be refused so i phoned perrys and told them about it and gave him phone number to get a copy of pictures sent over and he will contact me later friday once he has spoken to his boss again so hopefully i will get somewhere now,the saga continues!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X