Dodo juice...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dodo juice...

I`m a bit puzzled by the amount of car cleaners on the market but this stuff does sound good so would like more details from the users.

Is it colour specific (my siggy is white) seems to be purple haze, red mist but cant see a clear or white one.

I take it it is a shampoo, internet doesnt give much away.

Sorry for all the questions but after selling all my shooting stuff i really dont have a hobby so may aswell spend my time detailing
    I want to go out of this world the way i came in...kicking and screaming and covered in somebody elses blood...

There is a shampoo but I believe thats the Lime Prime. Most of the Dodo juice stuff are just different waxes. I used to use Purple haze on my old VXR which was black. The car would look unbelievably shiney. I think the wax to use for a white car is light fantastic or diamond white.

Its not the cheapest stuff but its one of the better waxes out there.

Comment

Lime Prime is more like a snow foam/pre wash product. Put it in a spray bottle diluted with water and spray over the car and let it dwell. Power hose off and to be honest you won't have to do much in the way of hand washing!

Light fantastic is a good wax. Loved using Purple Haze on my black siggy. Unbelievable silky shine!

There is an acrylic based product you could use but it's expensive.

Here's the link.

http://www.polishedb...aMasterZWSAK000

Comment

Thanks guys. it is pricey so ive just bought one of the 30ml tubs to see how i go with that
        I want to go out of this world the way i came in...kicking and screaming and covered in somebody elses blood...

Comment

I use dodo juice diamond white on my silver siggy which is advertised for light colour cars but apparently you can use any dodo juice wax on any colour car, all I know is, it smells nice!

Comment

Markymarcus71, on 15 November 2013 - 05:37 PM, said:
            I use dodo juice diamond white on my silver siggy which is advertised for light colour cars but apparently you can use any dodo juice wax on any colour car, all I know is, it smells nice!
            Didnt realise that, sounds like the white wax is hard to see so the red or purple would have been better also the best way to apply the wax is with you`re fingers so it warms a bit, i??used to use that method for applying wax to my gun stocks and it worked well..

Comment

I knew 30ml was small but i`ll be lucky to do my wing mirror cover

Comment

Don't use too much. I've still got half my 30 ml pot of Purple Haze left and it's done 3 full coats. A very thin layer is all you need. Anymore and you'll be like Popeye trying to buff it off!

Comment

Is it just the Red mist that gives the car the wetness look or do all the others do the same, i read in the detailing section to put red mist on after the light fantastic wax..

Comment

Never used it before! My guess is yes. Acts like a rapid detailer!

Comment

Scotty, on 19 November 2013 - 07:15 PM, said:
                      Never used it before! My guess is yes. Acts like a rapid detailer!
                      Ahhh... i see, probably have a go with the white diamond if the weathers good tomorrow and see how it goes.

Comment

Can I ask why you felt the need to start off your post with 'Oh dear Oh dear'! Suggests an air of arrogance.

No one that has posted pretends to be an expert. On the contrary most just like to keep their cars clean and share when they can their own knowledge of a product.

Comment

Fair enough! A lot of the info I get is off DW. Most of what those guys say can be taken as read! Other advice is from using the product. Some find certain products to be not worth the money but others rave about them. It's all a matter of opinion and of course how you use the actual product, a lot of which have many different uses.

Comment

Sorted..

Comment

Working...
                            X