Best polisher to buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best polisher to buy?

DA if you are new to it. I've got a Kestral DAS 6!

What Mark said. I'd never used one until last year. You really can't mess up with them. Rule I was told is simply use the least aggressive pad and polish combo to get the job done.

Comment

As polishing cuts the clear coat you should only do it couple of times a year at most. Wouldnt it be cheaper to get it professionally done once to remove swirls etc. Then jus buy a new washing mitt every few months to prevent getting swirl marks

Comment

I use mines all the time. Just buy different pads for different jobs. You can apply sealant, liquid waxes etc!! Makes the job much faster.

Comment

Well you can polish every week but this will load to clear coat failure. But still good for waxing. But i find applying wax easy. Its the buffing thats the hard part and this has to be done by hand with a mf towel

Comment

mmiah, on 16 December 2013 - 10:34 PM, said:
            Well you can polish every week but this will load to clear coat failure. But still good for waxing. But i find applying wax easy. Its the buffing thats the hard part and this has to be done by hand with a mf towel

Didn't say I polished all the time....just use the DA all the time. Applying wax with a finishing pad makes light work of the buffing off!

Comment

I polish probably 2/3 times a year. However, as stated twice above I use the DA every time I apply either sealant or liquid wax! Which can be 3/4 times a month dependant on time I have and how the car is looking. Nothing to do with polishing so no issues with clear coat!

Comment

Glad I have the go ahead! ;/)

Comment

Working...
                X