Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Playing Music Through the USB using an Android Phone (Samsung Note 3) on the CD 500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playing Music Through the USB using an Android Phone (Samsung Note 3) on the CD 500

It's not unfortunately but there are a couple of apps that can enable but I'm fairly certain you need to have the phone rooted to do it.
    Regards
    Brian

Don't even need to go for a 32gb stick as the car will only recognise 1000 songs from a usb stick if I remember rightly and they'll all fit on an 16 possibly even a 8
    Regards
    Brian

Comment

Keeefy, on 21 March 2014 - 05:48 PM, said:
      My android phone a galaxy s3 is plug and play on my2012 insignia with a cd400 reads and plays no problem ��

Is your S3 rooted and are you connected via a usb cable or via the headphone socket?
      Regards
      Brian

Comment

Keeefy, on 28 March 2014 - 09:19 PM, said:
        No device us not rooted and is connected via USB cable

Interested to know how you've managed this then. I've also got an S3 and as the file system doesn't have mass storage mode anymore I'm intrigued as to how your head unit is seeing the music.
        Regards
        Brian

Comment

No sniggering now lads but the size of the stick is not important it's the number of tracks that the system can handle. On my Navi900 1000 tracks is the maximum it will load irrespective of size of drive or file size.
          Regards
          Brian

Comment

Working...
          X