No announcement yet.

"Automatic Collision Prep Unavailable"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Automatic Collision Prep Unavailable"?

something to do with the seatbelt pre-tensioners maybe?
    Regards
    Brian

Maybe means that it couldn't stop you if it senses a collision is imminent like it normally would?

Comment

I've never seen it, over 100mph (autobahn) or otherwise.

Comment

Just musing. I don't have this fancy gadgetry on mine. Would it apply the brakes whilst you're accelerating?

Comment

pshankland, on 21 April 2014 - 10:22 PM, said:
          The car has been into my local dealer a couple of times for the error but they have never seen an Insignia with this on it so haven't a clue how to fix!

Thanks.

Pete.

That is not a very good response from a main dealer. I wish i could use that response in my lowly paid IT job.

Your local dealer should have contacted Vauxhall main office, to seek advice. As they are only a middle man for selling and repairing cars, not manufacturing them. So therefore do not know everything about them.

Comment

They have this in the forthcoming Ford Mondeo where the system takes action

Front Collision

Lane Depature

Comment

This new stuff sounds a bit dangerous. I like the lane departure warning though, annoys those who don't indicate out.

Comment

I think the speed limit response is only on facelift models with adaptive cruise. The adaptive cruise on earlier models doesn't have this function.

The warning about the automatic collision preparation might indicate a problem with the front camera, the radar unit (only on adaptive cruise equipped cars) or the braking system. There could be a faulty wheel speed sensor or hydraulic pressure sensor. Could even be a simple thing like a dirty or loose electrical connection.
                Elite ST 2.0i Auto. Power Red With All The Toys

Comment

m8internet, on 22 April 2014 - 09:20 PM, said:
                  Refer to the OP and my subsequent reply #14

You get this message, with the Adaptive Cruise Active, as soon as you apply the brake or accelerator

Hence why it is appearing briefly, the hint was accelerating

I did understand all this, I have adaptive cruise on my car.

However the OP has not been back to confirm any of the following:-What model year is his particular car?
                  At the time of the warning, is cruise on or off?
                  Is adaptive cruise fitted? If so, there will be a radar unit as well as the forward camera.
                  When accelerating hard, was he on a clear road, or rapidly approaching traffic in the lane ahead?
                  My assumption was that the dealership could explain how the system fitted should work, and what messages to expect under normal conditions. (Maybe that's a false assumption)

Whatever the system configuration, I was suggesting possible causes where the system was acting abnormally.

On my car, with adaptive cruise active, I get the following message when I press the accelerator: "Accelerating - Cruise adaptive braking disabled". I do not get any warnings about collision preparation.

Comment

I guess you're using internet explorer? IE has some issues with the forum software .

Comment

The radar system can also be affected by snow, heavy rain or dense spray.

Radar waves cannot pass through water, so any system depending on the radar feedback may be partially or totally disabled.

Comment

Certainly hope it has been improved. I've just ordered a new Elite with almost every box ticked.

Comment

DeaniFLHT, on 10 October 2014 - 12:21 AM, said:
                          Certainly hope it has been improved. I've just ordered a new Elite with almost every box ticked.

Well done that man
                          Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Working...
                          X