just discovered voice recognition on the r400 radio siggy 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just discovered voice recognition on the r400 radio siggy 2014

I found this on my R400 when I got my siggy a few months ago. I don't think it's in the manual because it's not really voice recognition built into the car. It's dependent on the capabilities of the phone. Works great with my galaxy s4 though.
    2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” powder coated alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front sports seats with driver’s AGR - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - OnStar connection - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 incorporating AA/ACP and DAB

I found this on my R400 when I got my siggy a few months ago. I don't think it's in the manual because it's not really voice recognition built into the car. It's dependent on the capabilities of the phone. Works great with my galaxy s4 though.
    2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” powder coated alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front sports seats with driver’s AGR - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - OnStar connection - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 incorporating AA/ACP and DAB

Comment

m8internet, on 27 October 2014 - 01:34 PM, said:
      All trim levels on the 2014MY have Voice Control

You need to the compatability list to see what options are available

Sadly I only have the R700 and NAVI900

However, I cannot find an Android mobile phone listed

Could you please advise to the make and OS installed

As for the Infotainment Manual, the Voice section covers all three models, and so to prevent repitition see the R700 section at the front, Page 78

R400 August 2014 system

Phone is a Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-19505

Android version 4.4.2

Comment

m8internet, on 27 October 2014 - 01:34 PM, said:
        All trim levels on the 2014MY have Voice Control

You need to the compatability list to see what options are available

Sadly I only have the R700 and NAVI900

However, I cannot find an Android mobile phone listed

Could you please advise to the make and OS installed

As for the Infotainment Manual, the Voice section covers all three models, and so to prevent repitition see the R700 section at the front, Page 78

R400 August 2014 system

Phone is a Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-19505

Android version 4.4.2

Comment

Thanks, m8internet. I'll have a play around with it tomorrow and give more detailed info on what it can do.

Comment

Thanks, m8internet. I'll have a play around with it tomorrow and give more detailed info on what it can do.

Comment

After having a little play around I can confirm the Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-19505 on Android 4.4.2 connects to the R400 and works as followed.

Plays music once paired via Bluetooth.

Selecting Media on the centre screen allows playback of any music on the phone. It doesn't see folders and there is no option on the centre screen to search. Only to skip to the next track or chose shuffle.

Making calls using the centre screen by accessing recent calls or contacts and also by hitting the mic button.

Hitting the mic button accesses the galaxy's S Voice application which allows you to speak commands, "call home" etc...The voice is through the car speakers so it does give the feel of built in voice activation.

Calls can also be made using the drivers screen. Navigation of the buttons on the steering wheel will take you to Recent calls, Contacts and Favourites. Favourites is empty though and I haven't found an option to add entries. I have favourites set up on my phone but the system doesn't access them as it does Recent calls and Contacts.

I think it may be an option higher spec systems are able to use (maybe an option to add favourites?). If I have missed anything and somebody with an R400 has been able to access favourites, please let me know. I hate options which show in a menu but don't work on your particular model.

Comment

After having a little play around I can confirm the Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-19505 on Android 4.4.2 connects to the R400 and works as followed.

Plays music once paired via Bluetooth.

Selecting Media on the centre screen allows playback of any music on the phone. It doesn't see folders and there is no option on the centre screen to search. Only to skip to the next track or chose shuffle.

Making calls using the centre screen by accessing recent calls or contacts and also by hitting the mic button.

Hitting the mic button accesses the galaxy's S Voice application which allows you to speak commands, "call home" etc...The voice is through the car speakers so it does give the feel of built in voice activation.

Calls can also be made using the drivers screen. Navigation of the buttons on the steering wheel will take you to Recent calls, Contacts and Favourites. Favourites is empty though and I haven't found an option to add entries. I have favourites set up on my phone but the system doesn't access them as it does Recent calls and Contacts.

I think it may be an option higher spec systems are able to use (maybe an option to add favourites?). If I have missed anything and somebody with an R400 has been able to access favourites, please let me know. I hate options which show in a menu but don't work on your particular model.

Comment

Are you able to add favourites on the R700, do you know, m8internet?

Comment

Are you able to add favourites on the R700, do you know, m8internet?

Comment

Ah I see. Well I'm pretty sure there isn't an option to sync on the R400. That'll probably an extra option the R700 has. The manual isn't very clear. Thanks anyway.

Comment

Ah I see. Well I'm pretty sure there isn't an option to sync on the R400. That'll probably an extra option the R700 has. The manual isn't very clear. Thanks anyway.

Comment

m8internet, on 28 October 2014 - 08:29 PM, said:
                          As above, SIM phonebook linking is not included with the phone listed, just basic 3 options

Maybe a good thing considering what you said about if the car is stolen. As it stands. The phone leaves the car, so do phone contacts. Recent calls more or less covers favourites anyway.

Comment

m8internet, on 28 October 2014 - 08:29 PM, said:
                            As above, SIM phonebook linking is not included with the phone listed, just basic 3 options

Maybe a good thing considering what you said about if the car is stolen. As it stands. The phone leaves the car, so do phone contacts. Recent calls more or less covers favourites anyway.

Comment

Hi Tom, its the same on my GS4 and the same unable to cancel a call until its answered if called via the drivers screen.

It's a poorly thought out system that has a rushed to get it out there feel to it.

I tend to use recent calls from the drivers screen if I want to call contacts I chat with more often. Other than that, I use the centre voice button to activate my galaxy's S voice.

Comment

Working...
                              X