Keyless cars 'increasingly targeted by thieves using computers'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keyless cars 'increasingly targeted by thieves using computers'

We're alright with ours..................they're only targetting high-end cars
    Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

The confusion with this is some cars have only a part keyless set up. For instance, my wife's new mini has a fob that unlocks the car as any other car. However, it has keyless start. Some fords have both systems together, keyless entry and start and they go further with motion detection opening of the boot. With these new systems car manufacturers must then upgrade the mechanisms that keep the cars safe. Steering wheel locks are going to be flying of the shelves!

Comment

My bro in law has a bmw with keyless entry and start. My sister dropped him off at the train station and was half way home when she realised he had the key with him at the train station!

Something seriously wrong with that system. Cars should lock if the key moves more than a few feet away from the car

Comment

My wife's does. Key has to be in the car for the start button to activate.

Comment

Reminds me of the episode of Top Gear where they were in the states with the muscle cars. Whilst in a diner having breakfast Clarkson managed to move Hammonds Camaro as it was parked near to the window they were sat at and the key was in range.

Suspect there could have been a bit of artistic licence used as normal in Top Gear but its very possible to do.

Comment

Always find bm drivers to be freindly and very down to earth,

And for some reason,theyl all quite a goodlooking bunch!
            sigpic

Comment

My VXR used to start pinging if the key was removed whilst the engine was running. You couldn't start the engine without the key present

Comment

Logosgil, on 28 October 2014 - 09:58 PM, said:

You're on the insignia forum now. Don't assume we're stupid like the other forums you frequent

Comment

Logosgil, on 28 October 2014 - 09:58 PM, said:

shame you drive a leaky moandeo

Comment

Kervaig, on 29 October 2014 - 08:46 PM, said:

shame you drive a leaky moandeo

Lol,when your on the hard shoulder with a broken siggy,il still give you a lift home!

jmagee, on 29 October 2014 - 07:42 PM, said:

You're on the insignia forum now. Don't assume we're stupid like the other forums you frequent

Oh,I don't need to assume..
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X