Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone fitted dash cam?

k1ckn1ck, on 28 October 2014 - 01:41 AM, said:
    As the title. I have a few friends that have now fitted dash or even front and rear cams due to accidents. Has anyone fitted such devices?. Do you tell your insurance.

I have had this one pointed out to me which seconds as a reversing cam if required.

http://www.amazon.co...20p Dual Camera

Been thinking of getting one for a while now, this one seems a lot of kit to stick around your window area. I have a big box behind my rear view mirror so nothing can go their. See what the other ones are like around.
    Live to ride, Ride to live

This is the mini 0801 and its a great wee bit of kit. http://www.amazon.co...#ref=mp_s_a_1_1

Very small and compact.

Comment

Some of the ones I see have those huge screens on them, I don't want that just a small discreet camera,

Comment

busshido55, on 29 October 2014 - 04:45 PM, said:
        I bought a gw1 camera from Amazon and the clarity of the playback is great even through the tv ive had it now over 8 or 9 months when I get in the car I just slip it into it's holder (push fit) when I start the car away it goes also comes with a looped system so when the 32gb memory card is full it over writes the card again starting with the first the first recording and also I find it's not bad at night time driving, now all that for £32 in my eyes that can't be bad

John

Hmmm that gw1 has some good write ups may investigate some more, and its payday soon ;-)

Comment

busshido55, on 31 October 2014 - 11:56 AM, said:
          Hi Chatman I have included a techmoan report about the gw1 I hope it helps you

John

https://www.youtube....h?v=Eo76bkytA3o

Thanks, i have been looking at one of these online and see other reveiws and all seem good about this camera, so will probably get one.

Comment

Right after tonights drive home and near misses, bad drivers and suicidal van driver, i have ordered a G1W and 32gb from amaazon.

Comment

Lads , happy Halloween

I have too CCTV recorder on my Van.

Dual Lens HD 1280 / 720 , paid 80?, from powerfuldeal.ie

I got that idea, few yars ago...

Winter time, was driving up to the hill , and unmarked Garda car was driving down to hill, and they start slid down and slid into my side, believe it or not, I select the reverse gear and start reversing back to avoid the??collision, but there was another car behind me... So, there was nothing els to do, just wait until they crash in to me.

There was no speed at all, but they stil managed damage front bumper, and reg plate fell of...

Garda lads was very,??very nice to me ... I'm very nice person as well , so, accident was recorded , all was sort it out very quickly.

My head office manager??was laughing , even??was thinking reattach the bull bar on my van...

So , since then I have a CCTV on board, and thinking to instal it in to my siggy as well

Few times I met that driver again, always with a big smile. He also recommended , if I have something on my recorder - send it to ...traffickwatch.ie

Comment

My E-Prance G1W turned up last night, fitted it to car and tested on drive in this morning, got some odd looks from drivers thinking I was a Rozzer in and un-marked car

Placed it up by rear view mirror, looked at footage this morning at work and and they seem very jerky and some pixelated, so upped the image to the full HD

Comment

Cool,

Only thing is I cant place mine as close behind the rear view mirror due to a big black box behind it, I'll try and get pictures up later on.

another thing is I tried the 12v socket under the centre arm rest, as be easier to hide the wire away but it doesn't work, so having to use front one, so will need to find out why this isn't working??

Comment

Just got a ebay cheapy to try,gonna hard wire into fuse box in glovebox
                    ​2015 Sri vx line nav Biturbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Mine fitted behind the rear view mirror, and also showing the big black box as well...

Changed it to full HD mode and all is now smooth on the video play back, I'm rather impressed with this little thing all for ?39 and a 32gb disk

Comment

mcyates, on 18 December 2014 - 05:28 PM, said:

The wire is up in the roof lining then down the passenger side A pillar. Then around the back of the glove compartment to the 12 v??cigarettes lighter connection ( I have no ashtray just the information screen from my cd300 ) so I have connected the 12 v power cable and is hidden behind the information screen.

Comment

Funny thing having this dash cam fitted, as car was in two days this week at local VX. Watching the play back tonight seeing them move the car to get get a wash, then back again, then off into service bay, and working on it, as the rear window was the issue only see the bonnet up, LOL then parked up ready for me to pick it up.

Going to come in handy service time as camera can see all that is happening

Comment

Dave71, on 08 February 2015 - 10:33 PM, said:
                            I have a SE Hatchback, is the rear facing camera easy to fit on the sloping rear window?
                            yep,,,you can angle lens to where you want it
                            ​2015 Sri vx line nav Biturbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

I recently brought myself one of these dash cams and its currently sat in the box on the back seat of the car. I am wondering how to install it as I wanted it to come on like the rest of the car when you turn the key

So I am interested to know if fitting this

http://www.halfords....nnectors-hef551

Is just straight forward? Do you chop the cig connector off and wire it to this or I'm I missing something? Obviously I just run the wires up the front pillar but it's just the converting of the cig connector to run from the fuse box, any pics would be helpful

Comment

Working...
                              X