Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• voice command button on steering wheel

Hi, Geoff,

Sadly, no. You can answer the phone by pressing it but there isn't voice recognition on the standard Design. I have the Energy which is a Design with 18" alloys. I wouldn't call it crappy though. They're a great car.

Depending on your phone, there could still be a chance you can make calls using voice command...check out this thread. We've just been discussing it. http://www.insignia-...pic=13630&st=20
    2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” powder coated alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front sports seats with driver’s AGR - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - OnStar connection - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 incorporating AA/ACP and DAB

Ah nice one, no problem.
    2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” powder coated alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front sports seats with driver’s AGR - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - OnStar connection - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 incorporating AA/ACP and DAB

Comment

I've just been out to the car to test the steering wheel voice button and can confirm it doesn't activate S Voice (SIRI on the iphone) on the Galaxy S4 Only the mic button on the centre screen activates it. On mine it only works when pressed to answer an incoming call.

I did ask about this when I first got the Insignia because on my 2012 Astra it activated the built in speech recognition. That's when they told me it doesn't come on the Energy.

Comment

I think they play on words a little. Notice they say "Voice activation" in the brochure, not Voice recognition or Speech recognition.??"Voice pass-thru application" in the Infotainment manual does cover basic "Voice Activation" via software on a smartphone but the R400 doesn't have embedded speech recognition.

There isn't a Voice menu within Settings on the R400. Only the R700 and Navi 900 have this. It would be nice if Vauxhall came up with an update that enabled embedded speech recognition on the R400 but I'm not sure it would be possible.

By the sound of it, your iphone does everything my Galaxy S4 does so I don't think a phone software update would benefit. I don't see the iphone 6 in the compatibility list but that doesn't mean it doesn't work. It just means it hasn't been tested or the list hasn't been updated.

Here's the latest compatibility list I can find that covers the 2014 models. http://www.vauxhall....gnia_Sept13.pdf

Comment

Working...
        X