Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P2138

Hi
    Has anybody had the p2138 , on the 2017 sport tourer Sri diesel I don’t know if it’s me but it mainly does it in the wet mornings . Doing my head in , once I clear it a couple of times it’s fine . Changed the battery in case it was a low voltage fault not sure if it’s the accelerator pedal. Trying not to go to robbing dealers As once I have cleared it nothing shows up and they will only change half the engine until it’s cured . Have the accelerator pedals had many problems!!!!!!! Please anybody any ideas
    Thanks
    Stuber

My 2018 GS tourer has currently been sat with Pentagon in Derby since the 12th December awaiting a new throttle pedal due to a faulty throttle position sensor. Mine would intermittently go into limp mode and turning the engine off and back on would clear it and you could go days or a few miles before it came on again. Not sure if it was worse in wet\cold conditions but could have been, one particularly bad journey home where it did it quite a lot wasnt great weather wise.

When i initially dropped it off there were approx 900 cars across the country awaiting the fix, by mid Jan it was 500ish and then last time around at the end of Jan it was 1200+ cars apparently. Huge backlog of parts on order and neither the dealer or Vauxhall can currently give me a definitive date as to when the part will arrive to fix mine. They've had a few in for other models but not mine. Its being done under warranty but currently at 8 and a half weeks and counting. Thankfully they put me in a hire car and just changed from a Mokka to a diesel 17 plate Sri Nav hatchback as the Mokka was crap and after hearing there was still no date for my car i complained to Europcar and found i should have been in a car from the class up from the Mokka all along!!

Comment

Hi Bransoj
      Thanks for your reply, I rang Vauxhall Leicester who wanted £190 just for the part and says there is none in the uk so I rang Vauxhall in Surrey who wanted £112 delivered Friday . I don’t know what is going on at Vauxhall such a massive difference in price and supply.it should still be under warranty but as I use it for a taxi they didn’t want to know but wanted £60 to diagnose it �� I just need a few yoga lessons now to get down and fit it . Hopefully this will cure it , I will let you know but thanks again for your post ��

Comment

Vauxhall themselves appear to have no idea whats happening with parts, i complained to them via Twitter and ended up in a direct message conversation with them and they are unable to give me any idea as it stands when Pentagon Derby will receive any parts that will fit my car. Will be 9 weeks tomorrow since my car has gone in and a bloke my uncle knows who works for them has a mate with an Insignia in at Pentagon Sheffield i think that has been there three weeks longer than mine has been in.

I havent as yet but i will be making a full complaint to Vauxhall soon to push for some form of compensation....back brakes arent far off needing doing so be nice if they could sort that for me!!

Comment

I heard since Peugeot took over it’s been a nightmare, if you know what parts you need you could ask Jason at Surrey if they are available (01737 236640) or even in the Uk maybe the warranty work is keeping some Vauxhall dealers going

Comment

Originally posted by Stuber View Post
            I heard since Peugeot took over it’s been a nightmare, if you know what parts you need you could ask Jason at Surrey if they are available (01737 236640) or even in the Uk maybe the warranty work is keeping some Vauxhall dealers going
            To be honest i'm in a decent enough hire car, DAB radio being pants aside, so i'm just riding it out and then will deal with Vauxhall once i know whats actually happening. Its probably a bit of a benefit that i'm racking up 300+ miles in the crappy weather on a car that isnt mine. The main annoying thing is the lack of communication, i only find things out when i chase it. Dealer seems to think they dont need to keep you up to date even if its to say we've had some parts in but unfortunately not for your car.

Comment

Have you tried GPS for the part?

Comment

Same for me; Sport Tourer 2017, accelerator pedal issue. Dealership have been messing me around and not being honest. Decided to call another branch yesterday and ask to purchase just the pedal; they said only 26 available across the UK and over 1000 on backorder. Lucky mine has only played up once but only had the car since early December. Great; bought a newer car to prevent unreliability and looks like I've bought something unreliable!

Comment

That’s exactly what I think , hopefully this new pedal will cure the problem if not it will be traded in . I need a very reliable car in my job I even looked at swapping back to the old model but wait and see , you should give the number a call on my other thread they were so helpful and sorted it straight away. Although mine is not being done under warranty I would sooner just pay and hopefully fit it myself it should just plug in ��
                  Will let you know what happens
                  Cheers Stu

Comment

Cheers Stu; hope you get it sorted soon.
                    I just can't bear the lies; my experience with two of the three local dealerships is shocking!
                    Slightly off topic.....
                    I had an issue with my previous car (older shape insignia) they told me it could cost thousands to repair so wouldn't be viable, yet I found and fixed it myself for £3.50 + two hours of time thanks to this forum. Although in this age we shouldn't thinking like this..... I'm a female office worker by trade; what does that tell you!?!

Comment

It tells me what I have always thought , never let a female and some males go to a garage other than to fill up with fuel . Some of these people are like vultures frightening people into work they will never need . Hope you sort it soon

Comment

For what it’s worth I’ve had mine coming up 2yrs and done 30k in it lugging round wife, dog and sprog including two trips to the south of France in it and this is the first issue I’ve had.

Looks like it’s a bad batch of parts used initially and now failing at a similar time and they can’t make them quick enough to deal with the repairs.

I’ve had a call today about mine from the dealer basically saying vauxhall can’t tell them anything about when parts will arrive so no idea when it will be sorted.

Comment

I'm watching these threads with great trepidation and using cruise control as much as I can so I don't wear the peddle out!

Comment

Originally posted by Drew View Post
                            I'm watching these threads with great trepidation and using cruise control as much as I can so I don't wear the peddle out!
                            I'm currently sat waiting for it to happen on the 17 plate GS hire car i have!!

Comment

Happen again to mine tonight....started to pull out of a junction and had to jam on the brakes quickly; engine management light and reduced power for the rest of the journey! Still not convinced it's the accelerator pedal and more brake related on mine.

Comment

Working...
                              X