Key Re-Program gone wrong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Key Re-Program gone wrong

You might want to go back in tomorrow, give that receptionist a slap and and demand to see the Parts/Service Manager and suggest to him that you will be seeing him in court if you are not reimbursed toot sweet with a refund plus you will also claim for loss of earnings due to their cock up.

Name and shame!!!

Comment

Legal Beagles is a very good site to get some free legal advice. They helped me loads in my case against an online broker. I would check them out
      Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

ColinAlbright, on 18 November 2014 - 07:27 PM, said:
        Thanks there, I'll check them out...., I could do with all the help I can here.... , I hate all this legal stuff..

I posted my issue in this section: http://www.legalbeag...y.php?126-Legal

Post as much info as you can about the case, what was originally discussed about work to be carried out, what went wrong, what they have said to you and how they have said it etc etc. Just remember to stick to the facts

Shouldn't be long before someone replies with advice or guidance.

Good luck and hope you get it sorted soon.
        Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

No problem as we're all here for each other Colin, and maybe one day you'll be able to help others on the site.

Good luck and keep us posted how you are getting on

Comment

Good luck getting sorted Colin,I can imagine your frustration
            ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Colin, you may find this useful regarding your rights.

http://www.advicegui..._or_service.htm

Comment

Have you paid by credit card?

If you pay for the repair or service by credit card, and if the work costs more than ?100, you are protected by s.75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. Section 75 makes the card provider as responsible as the dealer if something goes wrong. You are entitled to take action against the dealer, the card provider or both.

Comment

wrong on so many counts, good night

Comment

CHUDLEIGHPAUL, on 18 November 2014 - 10:32 PM, said:
                    Technical details don't come into this, the dealer made a contract with Colin to program a key supplied by him. They failed to carry this out, and in the process rendered his car undrivable. He doesn't have to prove negligence, it is simple breach of contract, and as such he entitled to damages for that breach.

Exactly how I see it too

Comment

Divinell, it is not about suing, it is about seeking resolution and knowing your rights. You only threaten to sue if you don't agree a resolution.

Colin, if you have to write to the garage you should use the link below to a letter template

http://www.which.co....ile-at-a-garage

I am not a legal expert but it would seem to me Colin's case is strong and by using his legal rights approriately should get this matter resolved to his satisfaction and at no cost to himself - on the proviso he mitigates his costs.

Comment

For consumer contracts the terms and conditions should be fair for both parties. If it isn't, it can be deemed unfair.

https://www.gov.uk/g...4426/oft311.pdf

Comment

dvinell, on 18 November 2014 - 11:13 PM, said:
                          I think we are not a million miles away ... I am saying that actual legal action should be a last resort.

Resolution through pressure from VX, writing a good letter, negotiation, should be the first attempt.

Unless it can be proved that there is a problem with Vauxhall's systems then it is down to the dealer and not Vauxhall to deal with Colin's claim. The dealer may approach vauxhal to mitigate their liability.

Comment

Yes, go get them cowboy!!!

Comment

Good to hear it is on the way to being resolved. Good fortune with the last part, but with what has happened before, you might just have a fight on your hands. Next time use the other garage!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X