Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• REVERSE CAMERA FITTING: Vauxhall Insignia SRI NAV 1.6 CDTI 2016

Hi all,

Does anyone know if it is possible to fit a reverse camera to the above vehicle.

Halfords Stock a reversing camera for Vauxhall https://www.halfords.com/technology/reversing-cameras/motormax-vauxhall-replacement-reversing-camera-806346.html would this work?

If anyone can give any advice at all, I'd really appreciate it.

Many Thanks.

Yes it is mate, but dont buy that halfrauds over priced one , ya can get a good one for less than a tenner , do a search mate loads of advice and questions on there

Comment

Will any reverse camera with the system already in the car?

Do you have any recommendations?

Comment

you may need it activating bud , send Plasma a message , he is the Guru , when it comes to this

Comment

Comment

Installing a rear view camera is not difficult. You can buy a used original camera or a Chinese one. You need to put the wiring harness to the HMI module and program the HMI for the camera option to appear. I have worked out the sachemes of electrical installation if you are interested.

Comment

Originally posted by yerry View Post
              Installing a rear view camera is not difficult. You can buy a used original camera or a Chinese one. You need to put the wiring harness to the HMI module and program the HMI for the camera option to appear. I have worked out the sachemes of electrical installation if you are interested.
              Hi Yerry.
              Just came across this post, Plasma has enabled the reversing camera feature on my 2014 Insignia, (along with the programming upgrade to give me Android Auto etc). I'd be very interested to know the next step, at the moment when I put it in reverse I just get a blue screen with guidelines, due to not having a camera fitted.
              Is it a case of just finding a used Insugnia camera and wiring it in? If so where does it wire in to? I keep seeing posts that it needs a separate module wired in, any hepl greatly appreciated.

Ian

Comment

No additional module is needed. You connect the camera directly to the HMI to pin5 and pin6 of the X2 connector. The exact diagram can be found here on the forum: https://insignia-club.pl/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=8064 If you have any problems with the translation, let me know - I will help. The diagram also includes the color marking of the camera wires. You can use the original GM camera as well as the "Chinese" version.

Comment

No additional module is needed. You connect the camera directly to the HMI to pin5 and pin6 of the X2 connector. The exact diagram can be found here on the forum: https://insignia-club.pl/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=8064 If you have any problems with the translation, let me know - I will help. The diagram also includes the color marking of the camera wires. You can use the original GM camera as well as the "Chinese" version.
                  Many thanks for this but unfortunately I need a translation to English if that is possible, thanks.

Comment

As I can see you have already registered

Comment

• bigian41
                      bigian41 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yeah just struggling with the translation at the moment

Panic over, installed Google Translate add-on to Firefox browser

Originally posted by bigian41 View Post

Many thanks for this but unfortunately I need a translation to English if that is possible, thanks.
                    I was in the same situation as you , as a new insignia owner around a 18 months ago, i bought this camera https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/170-Cmos-...QAAOSwNeVbfTCv

its been great

Comment

Good info, I`ll use that on friday for my electrician, when he connect the camera

Comment

Nice to hear

Comment

Nice to hear
                          I`m driving to Poland, the techs here in Denmark, cant do S..., want a full day to install the camera and will not know, if it will work + they are unsure how to make a cable and connections that works, I rest my case theadtheadtheadtheadthead

Comment

Have you found someone to install the camera? Any success in your search?

Comment

Working...
                            X