Rear Speakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Speakers

For those that know, I have a 2014 Design (non NAV) Edition currently, soon to be replaced by a 2015 SRI Nav Edition.

The (Design) rear speakers are really poor in my opinion, so question - are all the rear speakers in the Insignia's the same or do NAV/SRI spec get better ones?

If same, which I assume they will be, im going to be wanting to change them to get more sound out of the rear? What would you guys recommend? I want a factroy snug fit, so just straight swap, dont want it to interfere with any onboard management system neither.

Thanks.

Search on this very sub forum.
    there's been a fair few posts in this.....very recently.
    You can't miss them

Comment

I would think they'll use the same speakers across the range,unless it had the Bose sound specced from factory
      ​2015 Sri vx line nav Biturbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

onboard management system neither.

Ya can do what u like to the head unit nothing will bring errors up before i changed to an aftermarket head unit my old system ran off the oem cd500 headunit and i ran 2 x Vibe Black Death 12 inch subs 4 x component speakers and 2 x aftermarket tweeters all running off 2 amplifiers no codes mate nothing i ran crossovers on my tweeters and rcas to the cd500 I dont think your going to go that far so just buy after market speakers make sure their 16.5cm and buy the speaker adaptors on ebay. If you can solder snip the blocks that wire into the speakers and solder the new ones on if you cant solder then you can buy the blocks seperately off ebay and use mini distribution blocks to hold the wires in dead easy.

Comment

From what i know. All insignia have the same speakers, unless they have the premium audio system (infinity(preface)/boss(facelift)

IN MEMORY OF NIGHTSCREAM THE 1.6 TURBO SRI NAV
          Now driving - Mazda 6 Tourer SE-L Lux Nav+ 2.0 143 Skyactiv-G

Comment

Working...
          X