Drivers door gremlins!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drivers door gremlins!

I'm sure someone's asked this before, but I couldn't find my exact problem when I did a search.

I have a 2009 Insignia Elite 1.8 petrol. The driver's door window has stopped working, the courtesy lights don't come on when opening the driver's door & the info display doesn't show the driver's door is open. All other doors/windows operate normally, as do the folding mirrors & all doors lock & deadlock. I disconnected the connector between the driver's door & body, no visible corrosion on connector, but used some electrolube spray anyway, just in case, but still no joy! Also, the lights for all the buttons for the stereo, heater controls, light switches & the red led's in the courtesy lights stay on for ages after I've locked the car, but that's probably as a result of them not knowing the driver's door is closed.

Anyone got any ideas or solutions?

Thanks in advance.

Anyone any ideas?

Comment

I can only suggest multimeter an test the output on the door pillar, then check continuity on the door loom

Comment

Really need to get the door wiring loom checked out as it would appear that you have some broken cables, it was quite a common problem on the Vectra and I don't think that on the insignia it will be any different - - Dave

Comment

Hiya, hope everyone is staying well & have had as good a festive season as they can within the rules!

Just thought I'd do an update on this problem.

I did a bit of searching on here & the web in general & someone suggested the problem could be the actual window motor as, apparently, the courtesy lights are operated via this! Sounded a bit implausible, but I went with it as I'd checked the window switches & the plug connector between the door & the body & nothing seemed to be wrong there.

Ordered a 2nd hand driver's door window mechanism off eBay for £20 & unbolted the motor from it as there didn't seem much point in replacing the whole mechanism. Then left it for a few weeks as I was feeling lazy & hadn't had a need to open the window recently.

Yesterday I decided to bite the bullet & get started on the job. Removed the door card & unplugged all the electrical connectors & peeled back the plastic liner. Had reasonable access to the motor but the mounting screws were on the side I couldn't see which made removal & replacement tricky but doable. Firstly I connected the 2nd hand motor & the window switches & tried the driver's switch & hey presto it works! Also got the door open, with key in ignition, warning & the mileage displayed on the dash, so looks like it was the motor after all, not any wiring issues.

Bolted the new motor in place, just got to put the liner back & reinstall the door card & it's all sorted!

Comment

nice to get a good result like that with a cheap fix . Thanks for updating
            Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Working...
            X