Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Navi 900 IntelliLink 2.0 Update Problem

Hi all,

I'm having an issue with updating my Navi 900 maps, to the point I now have no maps at all which is just great...

I purchased an update USB stick from the opel.navigation.com site which I was told to do by my dealer, I have a 2015 car so apparently it doesn't require an update to the radio firmware to work as thats just for 2014 models.

I set off for a 90 minute drive as I knew the car needed to be on for the update process to work, plugged in the USB key as it told me to, pressed update and it's done nothing other than sit at 0% with no activity on the USB key itself (it has a blue LED on it to indicate activity). Any thoughts? Did they send me a dud or has something gone wrong thats made my navigation unit a brick?

Thanks,

Charlie

Oh also, here's the version information from the system as I guess that may help! Thanks.

Comment

plasma any ideas bud??

Comment

Could be a late registered 14 plate.. what the reg? or does it have a touchpad in the centre console?

Or a picture of the home screen will do, do you have an icon for text messages? If no then the hmi is an earlier one needing an update
        Last edited by plasma; 02-10-2020, 10:54 AM.
        Tools Owned - MDI2 / Tech2 & lots more!
        questions for me? email me at plasmasrepairs@gmail DOT com

Comment

Originally posted by plasma View Post
          Could be a late registered 14 plate.. what the reg? or does it have a touchpad in the centre console?

Or a picture of the home screen will do, do you have an icon for text messages? If no then the hmi is an earlier one needing an update
          Hello, my home screen looks as attached. It's all a bit worrying to be honest!

Thanks for your assistance by the way plasma

Comment

If it is now a brick, I've seen some posts about these Adaptiv boxes, will they get me around the issue essentially by allowing me to use Android Nav or Apple Carplay?

Thanks,

Charlie

Comment

Right, bit of an update, I got fed up with the whole thing so I decided to try and start again. I have an electrical engineering/electrician background and thankfully am not too inept with general computer/electronic type things, so I figured if it's already broken I didn't really have much to lose.

First off I took the negative terminal off the battery for an hour to give everything a 'hard' reset, I got 'Loading Maps' when the unit started up followed by the same message as before about performing and update, just sits at 0%.I then removed the screen unit from the dash to see what was what, I believe that it's a pretty dumb unit by the looks of things and nothing servicable on there without some hardware flashing tools. I'm unsure as to if this is the main unit or the processor/memory are in the CD drive.

Essentially I think for whatever reason the unit has crapped itself, I don't think it's bricked, but something is stopping it from perfoming it's map update for whatever reason and I'd imagine it needs 'forcing' by methods I don't have access to. I've decided to go on the old eBay and find a replacement drive/screen unit to fit temporarily so I'm not driving around with a dirty great big hole in my dash while I try to get my original unit sent off to be reflashed elsewhere.

I guess my next question is who should I speak to about the old unit being sorted out? Would plasma be able to do this for me reading his posts elsewhere? Also, am I likely to run into coding problems with a set from eBay in the meantime?

All of this just to try and get some more up-to-date maps. I'm going to send this bloody USB back to navigation.com and tell them I want some compensation for all this rubbish!

Cheers,

Charlie

Comment

Just did the update today and it worked without any issues. I assume that my 14 plate must have had the update as I have the touchpad in the centre console although I don't have the text icon. Did take an hour although the first 5% happened in about 4 mins. Sorry to hear your update was so fraught!

Comment

Originally posted by Humbug View Post
                  Just did the update today and it worked without any issues. I assume that my 14 plate must have had the update as I have the touchpad in the centre console although I don't have the text icon. Did take an hour although the first 5% happened in about 4 mins. Sorry to hear your update was so fraught!
                  I think thats how mine should have been but for whatever reason it's decided to be a dick!

Cheers,

Charlie

Comment

for peoples info, if the update fails before reaching 3% then its pretty much bricked
                    Tools Owned - MDI2 / Tech2 & lots more!
                    questions for me? email me at plasmasrepairs@gmail DOT com

Comment

Hi all, recieved and installed my replacement nav module from plasma and all is now well. Thanks very much to him for the speedy and trouble free service. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                      X