folding door mirrors insignia B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sri- nav View Post

me too , i really wanted them on the key fob but thanks al brown i thought there might be a way , i have contacted @ vx mods, he does indeed do the conversion, but its not a self fix, he fits/modifies them and has quoted £ 400 + i am sure its not simple but dont know if i need them that bad we will see
    dean.m
    2 wires from door loom to door loom if you want then to only fold from the switch inside the car. Needs extra wires to the bcm etc and some coding if you want them to fold from the key.

Comment

Thought it was standard on all elites.

P30 lite using Tapatalk

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
      Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Originally posted by Al brown View Post

2 wires from door loom to door loom if you want then to only fold from the switch inside the car. Needs extra wires to the bcm etc and some coding if you want them to fold from the key.
        yep got it , looks like manual it is , cheers dean.m

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
          Thought it was standard on all elites.

P30 lite using Tapatalk
          Sadly not and we're also missing the electric drivers seat with memory, which was standard on the Insignia A Elite, along with the folding mirrors.

The previous generation Insignia always struck me as being very well equipped and especially so when compared to a top spec Mondeo of the same generation with its manual seats and halogen headlights.

Comment

Hi there ide just like to ask regarding the insignia b 2017 folding mirrors so as said in earlier posts you need two wires from passenger side to drivers side to work? or two wires going from passenger mirror to A post on passenger side to work? and as also said earlier the wiring is already there for the drivers side mirror and switch what if also the mirror's purchased have puddle light and collision symbol on glass would they work too? Any help much appreciated

Comment

hi sorry dont know , i never pursued it but may be more feasible now with more parts available , but i think it will be a suck it and see type of mod ?may be PM Al brown for more details ?
              dean.m

Comment

Originally posted by sri- nav View Post
                hi sorry dont know , i never pursued it but may be more feasible now with more parts available , but i think it will be a suck it and see type of mod ?may be PM Al brown for more details ?
                dean.m
                Hi Dean cheers for reply thought ide ask cause with having a astra h estate before I did the retrofit on that as well with change ov switch, mirror's and elite door looms both sides ya didn't need to program either just plug and play but with newer vauxhall insignia wasn't sure if plug and play was able anymore?

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne R View Post

Hi Dean cheers for reply thought ide ask cause with having a astra h estate before I did the retrofit on that as well with change ov switch, mirror's and elite door looms both sides ya didn't need to program either just plug and play but with newer vauxhall insignia wasn't sure if plug and play was able anymore?
                  hi dont think anything is plug and paly on these new insignias
                  dean.m

Comment

Yes they can be retrofitted. You don't need to program them in (only if you don't care for the folding on pressing the keyfob)

I assume it's the same as previous models but different pin locations.

As for the anti collision mirror. That will not work unless programmed in with the anti collision modules in the bumper.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Lewish View Post
                      Yes they can be retrofitted. You don't need to program them in (only if you don't care for the folding on pressing the keyfob)

As for the anti collision mirror. That will not work unless programmed in with the anti collision modules in the bumper.

Hi lewish so would the puddle lights work too on opening car aswell or need to be programmed aswell?

Comment

Hi just an update on fitting ma powerfold mirror's what other 2 wires would be needed to go and to go where to what pins location for passenger side mirror since when fitting passenger side looked like wiring is already there in the mirror plug loom and looked like they match the pins in the mirror in the same place but obviously the passenger side not working? help much appreciated.

Comment

I don't know the pin locations. Either plasma can get a wiring diagram or see if cmor is roaming about (I know he sold his car) but he fit powerfold mirrors to his insignia B

As for the wiring it would be the same as the drivers side. You would need add it from the mirror plug to the door plug.

Example the facelift iirc, was pin 9,10 mirror plug / 2, 3 for the switch and 7,8 for the door plugs which then you run a wire from the body side to the passenger body side.

Then you would add 9,10 into the passenger mirror plug from the door plug

Does that make sense?

Comment

I don't know the pin locations. Either plasma can get a wiring diagram or see if cmor is roaming about (I know he sold his car) but he fit powerfold mirrors to his insignia B

As for the wiring it would be the same as the drivers side. You would need add it from the mirror plug to the door plug.

Example the facelift iirc, was pin 9,10 mirror plug / 2, 3 for the switch and 7,8 for the door plugs which then you run a wire from the body side to the passenger body side.

Then you would add 9,10 into the passenger mirror plug from the door plug

Does that make sense?

Hi I think know what ya mean it looks like 9 (10 behind light blue wire)is already in the mirror plug?

Comment

Hi I think know what ya mean it looks like 9 (10 behind light blue wire)is already in the mirror plug?

The wiring is there up to the drivers door and then nothing to the other side. Getting to the back of both door connectors on the body side is an absolute PIA!, but you need to run wires from the drivers door connector, over to the passenger door connector.

Comment

Mine is an Elite Insignia A and the memory recall seats and powerfold mirrors are fitted.

The memory recall seats are useless to me as I'm the only one driving it. I used it once when the garage mechanic decided to move everything around to check my Air-Con

The powerfold mirrors can be controlled from inside the car with the door switch OR by pressing the lock / unlock button for 1 second on the fob after locking. Be careful not to press it for longer as the windows then start to go up/down!

I'd really like the mirrors to automatically fold in when i lock the car and fold out when i unlock the car via the fob each time. Currently i have to get out, lock the car with a single press of the fob, let go of the button and press it again for 1 second to start the folding

Doesn't really seem to be "Auto-Fold" and more "Fold-Capable"

First world problems...i know!

Comment

Working...
                                X