software - facelift 2014 163 CDTI - 2015 163 CDTI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• software - facelift 2014 163 CDTI - 2015 163 CDTI

Just wondering if there is anything different in the programs / software etc between these two cars 12 months apart. Tried getting a reverse camera fitted, after seeing one done to the 2015 163 CDTI, only to be told the software is not the same and so they don't do them as old as 2014,... I thought the 163PS CDTI in 2014 and 2015 were all the same throughout....?....

yes, they can even be fitted to a 63plate
    63plate through to 64plate have slightly different functions on the hmi which are the inclusion of a trackpad, rear view cameras can be activated on both of these, then in 2015 they dropped the trackpad and the VR microphone thingy on screen and added 'Text Messages' function to the hmi.

And who told you that?
    Tools Owned - MDI2 / Tech2 & lots more!
    questions for me? email me at plasmasrepairs@gmail DOT com

Comment

Originally posted by plasma View Post
      63plate through to 64plate have slightly different functions on the hmi which are the inclusion of a trackpad, rear view cameras can be activated on both of these, then in 2015 they dropped the trackpad and the VR microphone thingy on screen and added 'Text Messages' function to the hmi.

And who told you that?
      Intellilink Mods - conversation went as follows::

me: Hello chaps, can you fit the reverse camera to a 2014 Insignia reg. G6 JVB? Car is a NAV model with the large screen If yes can you provide price and process please? Is this possible please?12/23/20, 9:48 PM

Intellilink: Hi, we don’t unfortunately cover models as old as 2014.

me: Wow, no problem but not the response I was expecting if I'm honest. Didn't think a 2014 was that old. Thanks anyway

Intellilink: In terms of modules it is unfortunately, it was a major crossover year in terms of technicalities.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	intellilink mods 01.png
Views:	200
Size:	80.4 KB
ID:	281414

I then saw that they had posted just fitting a reverse camera to a 2015 facelift A for £149.00 - I asked if it was not the same as a facelift A 2014 car and they said: "same principle, but slightly newer config on the 2015"

Comment

And who told you that?
        I know VXMods do these over near Liverpool, at £300 and it is 2 trips due a code needed from VX, so made it unviable.

Comment

Right... I'll clear up a few things here which havent come across as they were meant.. Chris at IntellilinkMods wasnt doing any Insignia 'A's not to step on my toes, which is where the bit from the vehicle being too old comes from... and yes 2014 to 2015 is a crossover point in terms for module part numbers and functions.... and again a total change to 2016 modules... I asked chris to do me a favour and do an 'A' for me which he was reluctant to primarily as that is what i do... and not having done one on an 'A' before either.. And then he posted it up... I will probably be asking him to do the odd one or two more which are up his way. This one was due to the customer being too far for him to come to me..

VXMods will be using VCi codes which are additional costs as you need to log into SPS (the gm server) @40 for a 2hr session just to request a reverse camera (which is free to get), and then another 2hr session @40 again to enable it.. thats why its 2 visits. We have our own custom software and write directly to the modules negating the need for vauxhall and their long winded VCi request time...

Which is also why we can do things at a more sensible price

Hope this shines a bit of light on stuff...

Tools Owned - MDI2 / Tech2 & lots more!
          questions for me? email me at plasmasrepairs@gmail DOT com

Comment

Right... I'll clear up a few things here which havent come across as they were meant.. Chris at IntellilinkMods wasnt doing any Insignia 'A's not to step on my toes, which is where the bit from the vehicle being too old comes from... and yes 2014 to 2015 is a crossover point in terms for module part numbers and functions.... and again a total change to 2016 modules... I asked chris to do me a favour and do an 'A' for me which he was reluctant to primarily as that is what i do... and not having done one on an 'A' before either.. And then he posted it up... I will probably be asking him to do the odd one or two more which are up his way. This one was due to the customer being too far for him to come to me..

VXMods will be using VCi codes which are additional costs as you need to log into SPS (the gm server) @40 for a 2hr session just to request a reverse camera (which is free to get), and then another 2hr session @40 again to enable it.. thats why its 2 visits. We have our own custom software and write directly to the modules negating the need for vauxhall and their long winded VCi request time...

Which is also why we can do things at a more sensible price

Hope this shines a bit of light on stuff...

Riiighht,.. bit f a bummer you being in Essex then, seems this is a no no on my wife's car then,

Comment

Working...
            X