Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HUD Blank after the lovely AA decided to break my car

Hey everyone.

So sadly on Xmas eve last year my car while driving around a roundabout, decided the alternator should stop working as well as the power steering, long story short.... the car needed recovering.

Lovely AA chap comes out, puts on the battery boost, nope, won't work, battery boost and jump leads from his van, we have life again. But the HUD display doesn't come on.

He says "oh that prob due to power saving, once you have the alternator replaced and a full charge on the battery, it will be fine!!!"

Had the alternator replaced, it was dead, battery replaced. HUD still not working, but the sound is there, touch even works, but nothing on the display.

The garage has checked the Error log, yep, you guessed it, Mr AA "I'm a professional" has surged the electrics, I have a 2014, Insignia Ecoflex with stop-start, AGM battery.

So now I am going through the complaints procedure with them, if not it will be the small claims court, but sadly my local garage has said they can't help and I need to go to the main dealership.

I have spoken to IntellilinkMods, who have been super helpful and said that they feel that the HMI2.0 module has been fried, but they are almost 400 miles away from me.

Anyone know of anyone that could help or a way that this can be fixed.

If I can even get the HUD to be able to use android auto into process that would be great, but the more pressing thing is getting the display to work.

Hopefully, someone will have a better Idea than me.

plasma may be the man to answer your query.
    He's the best there is regarding these.
    https://insignia-drivers.uk/filedata/fetch?filedataid=7610&sigpic=1

Comment

plasma
      is this something you would be able to help the kind new kid in town with ?

1@-4 keep on recovering!

.K.M.P.C.U
      YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Perfect, I have found his email address and or hopefully he might see this

Comment

Originally posted by leo2k35 View Post
          Perfect, I have found his email address and or hopefully he might see this
          He'll see it mate.
          ive mentioned him.
          https://insignia-drivers.uk/filedata/fetch?filedataid=7610&sigpic=1

Comment

yes RBH I try to reply to everything these days even if its to say i cant help , btw, good to see you up and about again bud.

I will reply to your email i've seen with the costing for your options, a 2.0hmi as per standard to replace your defective one, or a 2.5hmi to get Android Auto / Car Play...

Tools Owned - MDI2 / Tech2 & lots more!
            questions for me? email me at plasmasrepairs@gmail

Comment

Working...
            X