My car is posessed! Flickering lights, stereo on and off but no 'warnings'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My car is posessed! Flickering lights, stereo on and off but no 'warnings'

On addition to the previous post about the cd300 turning off and on again my car has rapidly developed more faults!

No anything dash light related flickers on and off and even the interior and brake lights flicker in brightness with it.

When its in a mood using anything like the brake (lights), indicators, revers, clutch would instigate the flickering. Hard ish acceleration might also although I'm less certain about that.

The battery on my car has been struggling for some time so I replaced that today and had a perfectly find 18 mile drive back to work however upon coming home its been going bananas again, any ideas?

Video for your amusement! ----->

Any ideas at all?

Your video link is directing you to a totally different video.

Unless it's fixed, it'll be removed as it doesn't associate itself with the issue you have with your car.

Comment

All fixed!

Comment

Originally posted by Norton View Post
        All fixed!
        That's impressive!

No idea what might be causing that other than if you say it happens when you brake and possibly accelerate it would suggest to me something is moving and my guess and it is a guess would be water in somewhere like a fusebox or module? The fusebox under the bonnet can suffer with corrosion to the circuit board underneath where all the fuses/relays plug in. There are modules all over the car, some in places where we know water gets in, or it could be bad earth, check your battery connections and earth points around the nearside front strut mount.

Comment

I've checked everything around there and all the wiring behind the stereo etc, no breaks. It does it just sat there now, I don't think it is related to motion anymore. Sodding electrics...

Comment

Disconnect the battery for at least half an hour.
            vx electric gremlins isn't a myth.

This usually resets the system.

Comment

I'll go try that now.

Comment

Any joy. Would almost a bad earth or voltage spikes. On the up note your dash looks clean.

P30 lite using Tapatalk

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
                Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210419-154633.jpg
Views:	672
Size:	27.2 KB
ID:	296295

Comment

Alternator is kaput. I've ordered another so I'll crack on with that in a day or two.

Comment

Ok, so the alternator didn't fix it, well, only for 140 miles. I have a replacement alternator coming form the supplied I used for the one just fitted to rule that out. Has anyone had any experience of the ecu side of the charging system developing faults?

Comment

Fixed, the earth strap from battery to chassis, £18 new from Vauxhall. Ffs. At least its fixed and only to be replaced by a new problem...

Comment

Working...
                        X