stop start ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stop start ?

Hi guys sorry if this is in the wrong section , i have just purchased a 2015 sri 2.0 tdi eco flex 140 hp and im not sure if the car has stop start on it ,it says it on the rev counter and it has the eco button which i presume is a way to turn it off when it gets on your nerves . problem is mine doesnt do it. i put it in neutral and hand brake on clutch out when its fully warmed up etc and nothing? it just ticks over as normal at 850 rpm . my thinking is that the battery might be a little weak and the car senses this maybe . other than that i dont know . my old focus had stop start and it never worked until warm or if aircon was on . my insignia aircon needs gassing would that have some kind of effect ?? .

cheers Dave ..

start/stop will only work when the battery is in tip top condition bud.

Comment

A few factors can affect it,battery is one ,if you just bought the car it may be low or on it's way out.
      Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
      Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

yeah i think that might be the case guys . might be new battery time . i presume the car does have stop start on it then and they dont just use samee clocks for all models ?

Comment

if its got the eco switch and its marked on the speedo, then is definitely the stop/start

Comment

thanks for the replies guys big help . one last silly question when i replace battery should i maintain 12v supply via battery charger on the cables while i swap battery for new one so as not to mess up electronics radio codes etc .

Comment

I'd give it a good charge first,quite expensive,no the car will promp you on the display to operate windows in order.The radio is mated to the ecu.
              Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

thats brill thanks again...

Comment

Originally posted by Howy View Post
                  I'd give it a good charge first,quite expensive,no the car will promp you on the display to operate windows in order.The radio is mated to the ecu.
                  Ok battery on charge on car over night but just in case it needs a new one would this be ok.https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201210230599

Comment

Original battery on car at moment

Comment

Needs to be a specific AGM one

Comment

ok cheers what does agm mean ?

Comment

i had a new battery fitted just after New Year

this is what i bought

Comment

Originally posted by kawasakiinit View Post
                            absorbed glass mat
                            An AGM (absorbed glass mat) battery contains a special glass mat separator that wicks the electrolyte solution between the battery plates. This material's design enables the fiberglass to be saturated with electrolyte – and to store the electrolyte in a “dry” or suspended state rather than in free liquid form.

Comment

Originally posted by kawasakiinit View Post
                              It's in it's make up not a wet battery has a glass matting inside

Comment

Working...
                              X