stop start ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sparky Paul View Post
    The Omnicraft battery worked out £35-£40 cheaper than the retail Varta, so I thought it was worth a go.

Just noticed that yours is an 80Ah battery, original battery on mine was the bigger 95Ah. The bigger battery may well fit, or you might find a cheaper battery if you want to stick with 80Ah AGM - looks like a 110/115 AGM, but check dimensions against yours.

Omnicraft 80Ah battery is a bit cheaper

Supplier was top notch, battery well packaged and delivery next day.
    well i bit the bullet and ordered the 80ah one as the bigger one mentioned was slightly bigger physically and wont fit my tray . cheers

Comment

When I get my new battery and change it I'm guessing this also tells the ecu that its been changed automatically ?? reason I ask does the ecu control the charge rate from the alternator ? if a new battery is fitted will the car try to charge it as if its the old worn out one giving too much if you get me ...

cheers

Dave.

Comment

The alternator will charge the battery as is required, the alternator has a built in voltage regulator, which adjusts as demand is required.
        in the end it's the alternator and not the ECU that's charging the battery .
        its only when the voltage regulator goes wobbly that things go wrong ?
        hopefully that explains it simply enough.

.K.M.P.C.U
        YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Cheers bud ,I just heard somewhere that some ECU,s need telling when battery is changed for some reason.

Comment

Ok guys the mystery deepens . I got my new battery fully charged it before fitting,fitted it did the window thing and went for a drive. The stop start never worked once? Do I have to enable it somehow after fitting new battery??

Comment

Nope, it's got a mind of its own.
              go a long long drive and I bet it'll work.

Tbh mate, it's more hassle than it's worth.

Comment

Well got to work and it was working every time .prob not work on way home Bloody garbage, vauxhall sort ur crap out.. cheers fellas..

Comment

Stop start is like my wife
                  you never know what it's going to do and it will always do the opposite!
                  but I cannot turn my wife off !

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaa !

.K.M.P.C.U
                  YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

You can but the police would want a word unfortunately

Comment

Originally posted by kawasakiinit View Post
                      You can but the police would want a word unfortunately
                      Not with his wife they won't......but his boyfriend is a different matter.

Comment

Well got to work and it was working every time .prob not work on way home Bloody garbage, vauxhall sort ur crap out.. cheers fellas..
                        And yes......it will.

Then just stop.
                        Brand new battery in January.......£189, discounted to £129 as I stated before in this thread.......mines worked for a week.

Comment

I must be in the minority here but i dont mind Stop\Start and it works consistently on mine. The only time it didnt was after it had been sat for 5 months at the dealer whilst it had the throttle pedal sorted. Once i'd been back using it for a while it started working and has ever since. There are times it doesnt kick in like if you have heated seats on full or air con blasting but i can be pretty certain when it will kick in on mine. I did find and post all the criteria needed for it to work on another similar thread a while ago. Not just the battery charge but quite a few other things needed to be met for it to work.

Comment

Good to hear you are all sorted. I think these batteries are a good buy, I'm certain they are Varta.

I put my new battery on and it sorted itself out, the stop-start worked from the outset and is still working perfectly 2½ months on. Happy days.

Comment

bit of an update after fitting my new battery some time ago the stop start has been working every time except when aircon on etc but thats normal .. long may it continue ..

Comment

Working...
                              X