Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insignia with rear view camera problems

Hi,

I have an insignia my15 with rear view camera mounted.

My problem is that isn’t starting up when reverse gear is chosen... Neither do I have the option in the infotainment system.

Any tips on were to begin with the fault tracing?

Br
    Daniel

Skickat från min GM1913 via Tapatalk

That doesn't look OEM???
    Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Originally posted by 0011728 View Post
      That doesn't look OEM???
      Ok, I thought it did.

And connectors in the trunk are the same

Comment

that is OEM, try a battery disconnect for 30secs.... should restore things.. the hmi unit can throw a wobbly.. has it worked previously?
        Tools Owned - MDI2 / Tech2 & lots more!
        questions for me? email me at plasmasrepairs@gmail DOT com

Comment

Originally posted by plasma View Post
          that is OEM, try a battery disconnect for 30secs.... should restore things.. the hmi unit can throw a wobbly.. has it worked previously?
          Car is new to me so don't know

Comment

They told me that you are the go to guy when i find my hmi 2.5

Comment

do you have access to mdi/mdi2 so i can look at calibration numbers of the unit?

Comment

do you have access to mdi/mdi2 so i can look at calibration numbers of the unit?
                I have access to vxdiag, works fine on my Saab ng9-5.. So it should work on the insignia as well?

Comment

vxdiag is that like vxnano? see if you can pull the calibration numbers from the hmi

Comment

vxdiag is that like vxnano? see if you can pull the calibration numbers from the hmi
                    Vxnano yes

Comment

I'm not able to contact you through PM,

I'm interested in a hmi 2.5 with new maps and etc.. Are you able to make my dream come true? Even if i drive my car on the left side?

Comment

you can email me on my email address at bottom of all my posts, yes is the answer, i can do that new hmi2.5 for you

Comment

So now I have taken a look at the wiring, and begin to understand.. Or rather not understand whats going on..

Someone probably the previous owner made some things.. Don't know what yet though

Any hints?

Comment

If its something the previouse owner did, then you better let a technician look at the wirering.
                            i installed an oem cam on mine and i needed a technician to connect it correctly.
                            Cam install :https://insignia-drivers.uk/forum/in...-from-an-astra
                            HMI, Plasma, helped me with this : https://insignia-drivers.uk/forum/in...-2-5-on-a-201=

Comment

On your second picture, you can see the original plug and wiring for the rev. cam.
                              maybe the the cam, that is there now, made the problem.
                              You can switch the wiring in the trunk, it can be bought as OEM, for replacement.
                              Change that and put an OEM cam in, then it's a good chance it will work again.

Comment

Working...
                              X