Touch screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Touch screen

This is about my daughters astra k and her touchscreen which has started glitching.
    A search around reveals this is a common issue on early K’s that have a sharp panel fitted before Vauxhall changed to LG. I’m a bit stuck for time to take her car to bits to get the numbers off it as I’d need to put it back together for her to use the car,
    Searching around I think any touchscreen of the same size from a k would do they all appear to be the same part number. Anyone able to confirm this I’ve asked a few sellers but not a lot of helpful replies so far. I may have to take hers to bits but was just trying to prevent having to do that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A wee bump on this.

Comment

plasma
      Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
      Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Astra k's should all be the same but beware of getting another one as they will suffer from the same fate. It will be a quick fix but liable to fail unless you get the newer type replacement
        Tools Owned - MDI2 / Tech2 & lots more!
        questions for me? email me at plasmasrepairs@gmail DOT com

Comment

Originally posted by plasma View Post
          Astra k's should all be the same but beware of getting another one as they will suffer from the same fate. It will be a quick fix but liable to fail unless you get the newer type replacement
          Thanks for the info plasma.
          Yes from what I’ve read online it’s the LG that’s the one to get as it’s the earlier sharp ones that are faulty.
          I’ve found one from a 19 plate with 2.5k miles on it so not had a lot of use however seller says it’s different and not what’s in her car might take a punt on that one.
          I so miss my local breaker he’d have let me take one to try before buying.

Comment

So had a spare hour tonight and popped the screen out was a 5 min job in the end.
            As expected the screen fitted is a sharp going by the part number however screen is an 8” not a 7” as most if not all that are listed on eBay.
            I’ll keep my eyes peeled for a used one as the replacement screen option on the astra forum is £550 and she’s not prepared to pay that.
            Again thanks for the help.

Comment

Has anyone access to a parts list from Vauxhall?
              I’m wondering if the screens are same across the range just different housing head unit set up?

Comment

Try zap parts catalogue, ( Google it , ) just a huncn you may be able to cross reference the part number that way .

.K.M.P.C.U
                YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wullie View Post
                  Has anyone access to a parts list from Vauxhall?
                  I’m wondering if the screens are same across the range just different housing head unit set up?

Here is a link to the screen : https://opel.7zap.com/en/car/g09/p/6/3-0/
                  parts nr. : 23452465,95196687,95196686, just be aware, this is part nr. for the insignia, these are 7"
                  For the Astra , i can only find parts for a the J model, i dont know if they are the same, but here is the link : https://opel.7zap.com/en/car/p10/p/5/2-0/.
                  I found the part nr for the Astra K LG screen is : 42342511
                  Maybe this page can help you : https://www.morepartz.co.uk/shop/scr...xhall/astra-k/
                  These are the LG screens for sale at Ebay right now : https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_f...42511&_sacat=0
                  Happy hunting

Comment

I had about half dozen mokka screens which looked similar but not close enough to work out
                    Tools Owned - MDI2 / Tech2 & lots more!
                    questions for me? email me at plasmasrepairs@gmail DOT com

Comment

this one has a broken lug but would it be any good for you?
                      Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Thank yous for all the replies.
                          My daughters is the 8” screen with part number 39042448 and cheapest on eBay currently is £550.
                          The actual screen part number is LQ080Y5DZ10 which confirms it’s the sharp so I’ve been searching to try and find the LG part number but I can’t see it anywhere. However searching a few sellers of LQ080Y5DZ10 screens I asked a couple if they knew but drew a blank.

I did find a few listed these for the cross land x , mokka x, grand land x and insignia B.

So back to eBay and searched a few grand land x and found one that looks the same as the astra k now I’m only comparing screen area not the housing etc so got the part number and messaged a few sellers of the above LQ number and asked if it will fit the unit with part number YP000126YX and one came back saying yes it will so I’ve found a 2019 one for sale on eBay for around £90 which I’m tempted to get and see how it goes as this will be the newer LG screen. I’ll have another search tomorrow to see if a mokka x etc ones are similar and ask a few other sellers. I’m hoping my thinking and digging around is correct and not for nothing .

Comment

Try intellilinkmods.co.uk Never used them but they do a replacement astra k screen with lifetime warranty

Comment

Originally posted by Redahead View Post
                              Try intellilinkmods.co.uk Never used them but they do a replacement astra k screen with lifetime warranty
                              Thanks I’d been in touch with them but it’s £550 for replacement. I’ve been emailing a few breakers and may have one sorted just awaiting part number confirmation.

Comment

Working...
                              X