Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Screen

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Screen

    Hi All...I have a question regarding the head unit in the insignia.
    I have a 2014 insignia with the small screen and at 55 struggle on the eyesight front to the point I can't see the time of temp on the wee screen..
    My question to you all is can you fit the larger screen I see in other cars or is it the stuff of nightmares...
    Cheers in advance for for replies....

    Sent from my moto g(8) power lite using Tapatalk


  • #2
    Originally posted by Smith6735 View Post
    Hi All...I have a question regarding the head unit in the insignia.
    I have a 2014 insignia with the small screen and at 55 struggle on the eyesight front to the point I can't see the time of temp on the wee screen..
    My question to you all is can you fit the larger screen I see in other cars or is it the stuff of nightmares...
    Cheers in advance for for replies....

    Sent from my moto g(8) power lite using Tapatalk
    It is possible,but adding wiring,and programming makes it a headache...better off going with an aftermarket screen
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Smith6735 View Post
      Hi All...I have a question regarding the head unit in the insignia.
      I have a 2014 insignia with the small screen and at 55 struggle on the eyesight front to the point I can't see the time of temp on the wee screen..
      My question to you all is can you fit the larger screen I see in other cars or is it the stuff of nightmares...
      Cheers in advance for for replies....
      Tors
      Sent from my moto g(8) power lite using Tapatalk
      It can be done and I only know of 2 people who have achieved this feat.....but the connectors are not readily available and the guru who does all this stuff is as far as I know, says it's still work in progress.

      As exclusiv. Has stated, go the android route....cheaper and easier

      Comment


      • #4
        Hi
        If I am going down the android route for a head unit can anyone recommend a decent unit with reverse camera option blue tooth etc
        Cheers

        Sent from my moto g(8) power lite using Tapatalk

        Comment


        • #5
          Get one with a good memory and an up to date processor.

          Remember though....they're not all they seem.

          They'll promise you dab radio but you need to buy a seperate module and a stick on screen aerial.....and the signal is still crap. Then you need to download an app.

          Satnav is through an app too.
          FM/MW signal isn't the strongest either.

          The steering wheel controls (if you connect them) can cause battery drain..

          They all have Bluetooth and support reverse camera

          There are different styles too.

          Tesla
          Cd player
          Tablet

          Comment


          • #6
            Cheers RBH

            Sent from my moto g(8) power lite using Tapatalk

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Smith6735 View Post
              Cheers RBH

              Sent from my moto g(8) power lite using Tapatalk
              I've had mine nearly 4 years and it's been ok.
              I can't get dab signal at all now and I've tried everything...

              Even the Satnav is hit or miss.
              ​​Bluetooth is fine as is the reverse camera.

              I only every use it to listen to music from the usb or Radio Scotland on way home from nightshift to get the news.

              The oem R400 (small screen) sounds far better tbh but I've got used to the rear camera.
              if it supported the camera, then it would go back into mine.

              Comment


              • #8
                Up in Aberdeen the DAB is crap...I really need the phone and a camera would be great...just bigger numbers/ letters really...

                Sent from my moto g(8) power lite using Tapatalk

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Smith6735 View Post
                  Up in Aberdeen the DAB is crap...I really need the phone and a camera would be great...just bigger numbers/ letters really...

                  Sent from my moto g(8) power lite using Tapatalk
                  You can buy from UK direct from icebox auto......they buy from China, so you have to wait on the unit......and they mark it up.

                  Or if you go onto Ali Express, you can buy direct....you'll still need to wait for shipping but you'll save lots of s

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I fitted a stick on windscreen DAB aerial to my last car and the signal dropped out every couple of hundred metres. Absolutely awful.

                    I bit the bullet, bought a proper roof mount aerial off ebay for about 15 and drilled the roof. Reception was transformed and absolutely rock steady even over the North Yorkshire Moors. Reception was actually way better than the standard set up on my Insignia which can be a bit patchy. No leaks either.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Mudster View Post
                      I fitted a stick on windscreen DAB aerial to my last car and the signal dropped out every couple of hundred metres. Absolutely awful.

                      I bit the bullet, bought a proper roof mount aerial off ebay for about 15 and drilled the roof. Reception was transformed and absolutely rock steady even over the North Yorkshire Moors. Reception was actually way better than the standard set up on my Insignia which can be a bit patchy. No leaks either.
                      Got a link bud?

                      what was your last car as the insignia already has a roof aerial.....it would look kind daft with 2

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Dab for those north of the border

                        Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by the gas man View Post
                          Dab for those north of the border

                          Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
                          Urawank

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Was one like this https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/401977176...gAAOSwi~Fd4J6U

                            No, wasn't an Insignia and it didn't have a roof aerial as standard. My Insignia has a shark fin, but not sure if other models have an aerial which could be replaced with one which includes DAB.

                            https://www.dabonwheels.co.uk/ normally have some decent aerials if you want to spend a bit more with a proper supplier, but in my experience there is no need to pay any more.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Ya might get more than radio Scotland FFS

                              Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X