Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USB Port

Hi Guys.

I have formatted a USB stick and filled it with music (MP3 Format), now my book says I just insert the stick and the info system should just pick it up. Nothing happens, when I select media on the screen it does not show at all. I formatted it to FAT32. The same happens if I plug my phone in via USB nothing happens. Does something need to be set somewhere or is there a fault. I have the NAVI 900 Intellink System. Any help or suggestions guys.

It sounds like you have a problem with your usb port. Is this the one in the armrest?

Have a read here https://insignia-drivers.uk/forum/in...00-not-working
    which may help, particularly posts 15 and 16. Hope you manage to get things sorted and please feedback on the outcome, to help other members in the future
    Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Now I'm nit proficient In modern world in car entertainment systems.
      but is the USB port only for playing media.
      can it also be used for charging? if so, if its not charging your phone, then it could be a faulty USB port.
      But as I say I'm not proficient!
      sorry MR 321
      I trod on your reply, double posted the same reply!

.K.M.P.C.U
      YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

What size is the Usb? I'm pretty sure it only handles up to 2gb

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Comment

Now this is interesting my phone does charge. I have two in the armrest and two in the back, none of them pick up the USB?? Now according to my booklet If there is a problem with the stick it should show on screen, but I get nothing at all.

Comment

The Stick is 64GB!!

Comment

I had a 200gb hard drive plugged into one of mine, and a 16gb into the other with no issues whatsoever.
              Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Just checked it dosn't mention there is a size limit in the manual, my previous Insignia had no issues in playing anything to be honest

Comment

Guys,

Thanks for all your replies. I have sussed it.... If your format your USB device to NTFS not FAT32 it works fine. All my music works so do the video's. I can also watch movies as well. I aren't sure if this is just for the Navi 900 IntelliLink System (NTFS) as my other Insignia played anything formatted on a FAT32 USB Device. Hope this helps.

Comment

They don't call you MAGICMARL For nothing!
                    thank you for updating this informative thread
                    It will help others !

.K.M.P.C.U
                    YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Comment

Old thread I know, but...
                        I had a 8gb SD card in a card reader connected to the USB, worked fine for years, the card and reader were recently stolen (car magically unlocked itself)
                        I have a Navi 900.
                        so, I have 2 4gb verbatim USB sticks, 1 8gb Sandisk USB a 16gb Sandisk and a 1gb no brand USB stick
                        no format I try on the 4 or 8 will work fat/fat32/ntfs "device not supported" but the unbranded 1gb thing with FAT format works WTAF ?
                        the old card was 8gb high speed, so im very sure its not size related "insert double entendre here" I just cannot figure out why the 1 gb no brand works with FAT but no other USB works whatever the format used

the no brand works, so that rules out a faulty USB hub, satnav/maps work perfectly, can anyone shed any light on this please ?

TIA guys.

Comment

bump...

Comment

Might be a long shot, but any chance the sticks you are using have some kind of 'security' software built into the actual motherboard ?

I had one years ago.. scandisk if I remember correctly, and even though the memory was reading empty the stick had some kind of security software built in to it and as such it wouldn't operate without the corresponding software installed on a laptop..
                            Chris

Comment

HMMM, one of them is actually a SanDisk, no idea if it has any security software on it, I only see one partition on the stick using windows disk management, the others are Verbatim all sticks have been formatted too many times to count , used windows 7, 10 and 11, even gone into windows disk management and deleted partitions and formatted it there, the only thing I could think of was I was using a 4gb stick, a 8gb and a 16gb, and maybe the size was an issue (Fat max sixe is under 4gb iirc) but I was using an 8gb flash card in a usb adapter with no issues at all.
                              they have all been formatted Fat, Fat32, ntfs, and nothing has worked at all, only the 1gb stick .

Comment

Working...
                              X