Turn off parking sensors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turn off parking sensors

Is there a way to permanently turn off the parking sensors? I can turn them off, but they come back on when the car is restarted.

2014 CDTi 2.0 SRI.

Thanks

Why would you want to do that?
    Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

I am assuming that you mean non factory fitted front sensors like I have? Got to say that these are a pain when you are sitting in the car parked behind someone or against a fence as they go off constantly when the ignition is on. Mine can be turned off so they don't go off when approaching a parked car but always go off when you get back into the car and turn the ignition on. A sod if you are not moving off straight away.

Comment

Originally posted by 0011728 View Post
        Why would you want to do that?
        Because they are bl**dy irritating and I don't need them.

Comment

Pretty sure you can deactivate them in the menus bud...

Comment

I think if they are the aftermarket ones you are stuck with them unless physically disconnected. I'd be tempted to see where they take their power from and cut the wire. I think mine are completely separate from the factory rear ones as the sounder comes from under the dash and is completely different in sound from the rear which appears to come from the boot.

Comment

Working...
            X