New stop/start battery and stereo still not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New stop/start battery and stereo still not working

Hi everyone , so I forked out £180 for a new stop/start battery for my 2.0 cdti Sri vx line as the stop/start was hardly working , (I turn it off anyway) and the Navi 900 is dead , I was told the battery could be the main issue , unfortunately it's not , I've hunted everywhere to try and find a fix , or maybe there isn't one , anyone know anything about these issues please

Hello Baz , the stop start us a funny old creature, it relies on a lot of things for it to work , but first off if you fitted a new battery and still no luck , try putting it on a trickle charge over night, because even though the battery is new it may well of been sitting on a shelf for a time .
    stop start relies on the battery being above a certain voltage., top consumers not being used ( air con , heater fans , wipers , etc
    Also if The system senses the battery is below a certain voltage it will disable the stop start system.
    some people find it will only start working after a long drive, where the alternator has charged the battery sufficient.
    as for the stereo not working, Plasma did say that if all fuses are OK then it maybe another linked component thats faulty, ie CD PLAYER, touch pad or instrument cluster, for that you can get in touch with plasma who maybe able to guide you .

.K.M.P.C.U
    YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Hello lizard , thankyou very much for that advice , well the funny thing is ,today when I finished work at 11 I was driving home and the stereo came on , no sound , but then went back to sleep , it done the same process about 4 times , yes all fuses are good , I take it plasma are the people who made the units ? I'd love to know how to get hold of them

Comment

Noooo plasma is the Guru on here he's the man who knows everything about these pesky units and he will help you see link below to contact him
        https://insignia-drivers.uk/forum/tr...nical-services

.K.M.P.C.U
        YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Oh wicked mate , thankyou for this

Comment

I can't private message him , it doesn't give me an option

Comment

Email
              questions for me? email me at plasmasrepairs@gmail DOT com

.K.M.P.C.U
              YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Oh right , I never seen that part , again thankyou very much mate , appreciated

Comment

emails replied to, as an update for the thread looking like its the radio/silverbox at fault as even if the other units fail and the radio unit is still alive will still get indicator noises (in case anyone searchs for similar later), unless you have a Bose system and then the amplifier would be doing the indicator noises and not the radio module
                  Tools Owned - MDI2 / Tech2 & lots more!

Comment

Yup can concur, on both points! Start/stop is a pointless tech unless your doing 100+ miles a day! Had it on my Mondeo think it only worked four or five times over the three years I had the car! Relies on battery, outside temperature, planetary alignment, etc

plasma’s your man!!!

Upgrades/Mods Done:
                    Gentex Genk2 Auto Dipping Mirror Fitted,Mio MiVue 826 Dash Camera Hardwired, Parking Sensors Fitted, Private Plates Fitted, Interior Lights Upgraded to LED (Done Lights/Footwell Lights/Boot Lights(Second Boot Light Added)), Reversing Lights upgraded to LED, Numberplate Lights Upgraded to LED, Power Point with USB added to boot, Custom Car mats, Headlight bulbs upgraded to NOVSIGHT 9012 LED Headlight Bulbs 50W 10000LM 6500k, Reversing Camera, Map Update (2019 Maps), Unlocked Hidden Dash menu’s, Heko Wind Deflectors, Genuine Vauxhall Mud Flaps Front & Rear, Boot Storage Nets. Front LED Fog Lights (Oushi H10 12000 Lumens 6000k), Space Saver Spare Wheel & Tools, Alloy Wheels Refurb & Callipers Painted (Blue), HMI 2.5 Control Unit (All upgraded by Plasma), LED Dynamic Side Indicator Repeaters, VX Line Flat Botton Steering Wheel, Home Fabricated Boot Risers, Chrome Door Pins.

Ordered Mods:

Planned Mods:
                    Re-Map, LED Indicator, LED Fog Light Rear, Rear diffuser Opel insignia Vauxhall car Styling Diffüser rear body kit Spoiler, K&N Air Filter, Exhaust
                    MORE TO FOLLOW, WATCH THIS

Comment

Jim should be in receipt of his replacement hmi this morning
                      Tools Owned - MDI2 / Tech2 & lots more!

Comment

Working...
                      X