Remote not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remote not working

Hi all a few days ago I finally completed my stereo upgrade from a r400 colour to a kenwood 7018 dabs, installed harnesses etc wired it all up after a severer amount of swearing, anyways all is fully functional so happy days on that one, but upon trying the steering remote all I get is the volume bar on my central display, there’s no functionality at all from my remote but yet everything is wired up correctly, what am I missing, the harness and can bus kit I’ve used is the ro5 gm51 and the driver aid chime unit for my sensors is a bit weak sounding even though it’s at full volume thanks all

Did the remote come with the stereo?
    If so it must be something to do with the remote which is not standard fitment, so best to go back to the manufacturer .
    Just make sure you have batteries in the remote.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

.K.M.P.C.U
    YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

It’s the steering remote not my tv remote

Comment

There was a thread on here somewhere, there was an extra bit of loom to connect to the steering wheel controls but the member found that it was causing battery drain. If I remember correctly.

Comment

I still use teletext on my remote.so my question to me sounded quite normal!
          but I don't know what normal is !
          so do you mean the steering wheel controls?

3544444455-ttrttttttt anybody seen my camel?

.K.M.P.C.U
          YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

If you put "steering wheel controls" into the search function there's a few threads and some results by the look of it.

Comment

Originally posted by lizzard-t View Post
              I still use teletext on my remote.so my question to me sounded quite normal!
              but I don't know what normal is !
              so do you mean the steering wheel controls?

3544444455-ttrttttttt anybody seen my camel?
              teletext lmfao that’s a bit old skool ain’t it

Comment

I do vaguely remember something about battery drain to be honest, I think it may have possibly mentioned been on one of my earlier posts too

Comment

The battery drain was when straight swap android units were fitted from china (or Icebox in Liverpool who were shipping them over). I shouldn't expect your set up to cause the same issue.
                  2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
                    The battery drain was when straight swap android units were fitted from china (or Icebox in Liverpool who were shipping them over). I shouldn't expect your set up to cause the same issue.
                    Yep.....we both suffered that episode

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
                      Did u hook it up to the green and black wire on the remote stalk and how did u do it? I’ve been told it needs to be soldered together but I can’t get a soldering iron outside to it

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post

Yep.....we both suffered that episode
                        It cost me a lot more to get it sorted though. And took 5 years to pay for it.
                        2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by Hindle1976 View Post

Did u hook it up to the green and black wire on the remote stalk and how did u do it? I’ve been told it needs to be soldered together but I can’t get a soldering iron outside to it
                          It was over 5 years ago on my previous Insignia, I can't really remember. You just plugged the supplied cable into the steering wheel wiring and fed part down to the rest of the wiring behind the cubby to the right of the steering wheel near the drivers knee.

Comment

Working...
                          X