Battery & Ecu very hot to touch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery & Ecu very hot to touch

Hi there , have recently purchased a beautiful 2015 insignia elite 2.0l cdti . Just wondering should the battery and Ecu be hot to touch , now in fairness. I did drive about 300k today . But just not sure if this is normal but all the boxes beside the battery and Ecu are hot to touch .

It's called heat .
    A phenomenon.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

.K.M.P.C.U
    YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

I’m surprised you could spell that big word , you sausage

Comment

He didn’t, ment to spell normal but spell check changed it! Looks impressive

Upgrades/Mods Done:
        Gentex Genk2 Auto Dipping Mirror Fitted,Mio MiVue 826 Dash Camera Hardwired, Parking Sensors Fitted, Private Plates Fitted, Interior Lights Upgraded to LED (Done Lights/Footwell Lights/Boot Lights(Second Boot Light Added)), Reversing Lights upgraded to LED, Numberplate Lights Upgraded to LED, Power Point with USB added to boot, Custom Car mats, Headlight bulbs upgraded to NOVSIGHT 9012 LED Headlight Bulbs 50W 10000LM 6500k, Reversing Camera, Map Update (2019 Maps), Unlocked Hidden Dash menu’s, Heko Wind Deflectors, Genuine Vauxhall Mud Flaps Front & Rear, Boot Storage Nets. Front LED Fog Lights (Oushi H10 12000 Lumens 6000k), Space Saver Spare Wheel & Tools, Alloy Wheels Refurb & Callipers Painted (Blue), HMI 2.5 Control Unit (All upgraded by Plasma), LED Dynamic Side Indicator Repeaters, VX Line Flat Botton Steering Wheel, Home Fabricated Boot Risers, Chrome Door Pins, Upgraded Brake Discs x4 (Juretek, Vented, Drilled, Grooved), Upgraded Pads (Mintex Performance)

Ordered Mods:

Planned Mods:
        Re-Map, LED Indicator, LED Fog Light Rear, Rear diffuser Opel insignia Vauxhall car Styling Diffüser rear body kit Spoiler, K&N Air Filter, Exhaust
        MORE TO FOLLOW, WATCH THIS

Comment

I would check generator output, perhaps it's voltage is too high.

Comment

Check when everything has cooled down. A failed cell on a lead acid battery will cause the acid in it to boil, it happened on the leisure battery in our caravan, you could hear it boiling and the gas it gives off is dangerous (fortunately battery boxes on caravans are sealed and vent outside).

other question is, is it the right battery? A stop start car needs the correct battery or you could cause problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Don5172 View Post
              I’m surprised you could spell that big word , you sausage
              I know a lot of big words
              Sugar lips! X

.K.M.P.C.U
              YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanovoniosis is the biggest word I know! Ok ok I had to google it

Comment

Thanks for the feedback on The battery that’s interesting as the start stop function does not work properly , it will randomly stop and the start straight away . And then other times won’t stop at all.

Comment

Supercalorfragerlysticexpeehalitosus.
                    And Mydick.
                    The stop start function will only function if certain conditions are met ,but also this time of year you have more consumers on (fans lights rear demisters) so stop start will not function.
                    The thing is.if it does function you will want to turn the ducker off .

.K.M.P.C.U
                    YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Working...
                    X