• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 insignia climate control

Hi all.

Not sure if it's me or something else.

New to me 18 plate insignia elite.

On my drive home the climate control display turned off. A error popped up on the main display stating communication error. Please restart the car.

I did this to no effect but continued on my drive home. Must have been 20 miles later the unit came back.

However it's been very unresponsive. Very slow to update and 8/10 not actually doing what it should do when I press a button.

Video below. Any ideas on a fix? I've pulled the battery but no dice.

​​​​​​​ Thanks

Send it back to the seller .if you purchased the car from a garage and not private then the onus is on the seller .as long as you have read the instructions which is probably 134 pages about the climate control features,and it's not a design or feature of the climate control system then it's an issue which needs addressing .
    if,you,start trying to perform a "fix " then it's down to you if you make things worse .thats the beauty of purchasing from a garage .

.K.M.P.C.U
    YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Originally posted by lizzard-t View Post
      Send it back to the seller .if you purchased the car from a garage and not private then the onus is on the seller .as long as you have read the instructions which is probably 134 pages about the climate control features,and it's not a design or feature of the climate control system then it's an issue which needs addressing .
      if,you,start trying to perform a "fix " then it's down to you if you make things worse .thats the beauty of purchasing from a garage .
      Yeah I've raised it with the garage however not going to do anything bar reset the cars settings which had no effect. The only issue it's 200 miles away ha. Car was bought with finance who have said they would assist in a solution and would not expect me to drive back to his. They even cited consumer law which has me less worried.

Comment

This used to happen now and again on my facelift
        ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
          This used to happen now and again on my facelift
          Did you fix it? If so please tell ha

Comment

Originally posted by Jon199102 View Post

Did you fix it? If so please tell ha
            I didn't mate,,switched off,then on again....put it down to vx gremlins
            ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon199102 View Post

Yeah I've raised it with the garage however not going to do anything bar reset the cars settings which had no effect. The only issue it's 200 miles away ha. Car was bought with finance who have said they would assist in a solution and would not expect me to drive back to his. They even cited consumer law which has me less worried.
              That's one of the good things about taking out finance it's in the interest of the finance company to make sure the car is top notch through out the term of the finance agreement.because at the end of the day it's the finance companies asset.
              i knew someone who had one on finance and 2 years into the agreement the engine went wobbly, and the finance company ordered the selling garage to carry out all repairs at there own cost .

.K.M.P.C.U
              YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Could someone please upload a video of the usage of the controls? Just something to use as further evidence.

Just turning the dial to show the numbers change. Turning on the demist etc.

Thank you.

Comment

In the end I've swapped out the controls myself. This fixed the issue however I've been getting no where with the dealer.

Comment

Working...
                  X