CD 400 Bluetooth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CD 400 Bluetooth

Apologies if been asked before but I am new to this car- connect- phone business (yes I rarely use this stuff believe it or not) I never use the phone when driving (for obvious reasons) and I still use CD's for music!! I'd probably still use tapes if it had a tapedeck.

My question is I am under the impression I can connect my phone to the car and use the controls to answer calls and also play music on my phone through the cars speakers. But when I look for the Bluetooth option in the menu system it is not there, and the phone button seems to just mute the radio when it is on. I take it I do not have Bluetooth?

Felix the cat....do you remember that cartoon back in the day

Your steering wheel controls will have the Bluetooth button, but probably wont have Bluetooth.

I think all the preface steering wheels had the button but not all cars were fitted with it.
    and to retro fit it is probably a night mare.

Comment

Thanks, yes I suspected that also.

And yes I remember the old cartoon

No big loss, I just wanted to see if it was possible. I hate all this modern phone features and stuff anyway. If a call is that important I stop and take the call. As for music, I have advanced beyond CDs and tapes today - just got an old 16 gig (yes thats all) USB stick, but enough to put a tonne of music on it and put it in the slot in the armrest. Sorted!

Comment

Was black and white too

Those were the days eh.

I've got Bluetooth and no cnut phones me.
        I think the only time ive been called was on the M8 heading to Greenock and it was a wrong number

Comment

Advanced beyond cds?????

I'm still playing vinyl

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
            Was black and white too

Those were the days eh.

I've got Bluetooth and no cnut phones me.
            I think the only time ive been called was on the M8 heading to Greenock and it was a wrong number
            Many years years ago when I was even more clueless about technology I used to walk about with Bluetooth switched on and got all sorts of unsolicited crap sent to my phone.

Comment

Advanced beyond cds?????

I'm still playing vinyl
              Have an old record player in the house but I have been using CDs for the longest time.

Comment

I used to do that to find out who's Bluetooth was password protected....it was amazing what people had in photos etc

Comment

Originally posted by Felix View Post

Have an old record player in the house but I have been using CDs for the longest time.
                  I've a music room in my house....it would shock you what it's like

Comment

I'm sitting listening to King Crimson and I have an new/old sanyo G4001 from the early 80s....works perfect too.

Comment

I'm sitting listening to King Crimson and I have an new/old sanyo G4001 from the early 80s....works perfect too.
                      Cool, I used to be really into audio systems. In the living room I have a belter of a Technics/Panasonic system from the 1980s, outclassed today but still a good sound from it.

In the car I just need a decent playlist. I cannot stand radio stations today - far too many annoying adverts and DJ's.

The CD 400 system in my Insignia does actually have a quality sound, better than most systems I have had in the car before. I don't think I'd bother upgrading it, which is also a major change, most standard radios in cars in the past were soo bad I had to do something about it!

Comment

I still have my separate system in my living room I bought it in 1996 from HiFi Corner in St Vincent Street and works perfectly.

If I'm in the car, especially a long journey, i listen to talk shows like LBC and argue like fcuk with them.

I've the facelift and its fitted with the R400 whushh us the small screen with dab, aux, USB, Bluetooth etc.....but we're breaking a facelift tourer and I've stripped the full system out it along with the full dash loom and it's winging it's way to plasma for his magic fingers to do some jookerypokery on it

Comment

Here's my state of the art Sanyo

Click image for larger version

Name:	20240211_193126.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	362522

Click image for larger version

Name:	20240211_193152.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	362521

Comment

Good stuff. Really thinking about getting back into it. Have an old Denon that I need to fix as well from circa mid 1990s. Expensive systems for their time.

Comment

Get it fixed bud....everyone who sees my wee haven love it

Comment

Working...
                              X