No announcement yet.

Battery light stays on when idling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Check that it's on the cable and connected.
    Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
    Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

He had this same issue last September see link mi think it starts at number 30
      My car needs a gearbox but not sure which one. These are the codes I have on my car that I managed to take whilst up in the air at the garage.

.K.M.P.C.U
      YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

To the OP

Just like I stated on the last thread........same thing.

Never returned to say if it worked or not.
        It'll end up that no one will give you any advice on issues if your doing that.

Especially in this case, on going front September.....ffs man.
        Last edited by RBH; 12-02-2024, 10:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Howy View Post
          Check that it's on the cable and connected.
          I dont have this on my model. I have a cigarette lighter adapter showing the voltage.

Comment

Originally posted by Roberto1973 View Post

I dont have this on my model. I have a cigarette lighter adapter showing the voltage.
            It's on the earth (-tive lead) by the battery!!!!!!!!!!!!
            Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
            Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Had it diagnosed today this is what came up.
              Attached Files

Comment

And I'll reiterate what I said if you'll listen this time......ALTERNATOR

Comment

That is not a diagnosis, thats fault codes, diagnosis is when someone ACTUALLY CHECKS and confirms the part what is wrong. fault codes are a guideline to the direction of what is wrong.
                  Tools Owned - MDI2 / Tech2 & lots more!
                  questions for me? email me at plasmasrepairs@gmail DOT com

Comment

Originally posted by plasma View Post

That is not a diagnosis, thats fault codes, diagnosis is when someone ACTUALLY CHECKS and confirms the part what is wrong. fault codes are a guideline to the direction of what is wrong.
                    Don't you think a 100 amp alternator is low for a 2.0 cdti?

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post

Don't you think a 100 amp alternator is low for a 2.0 cdti?
                      Not really looked into the amperage of alternators tbh, if voltage is low i would be suspecting earths / cables or dodge alternator but i can sweat we've been over this and do not know if the OP has even had any of this tested?
                      Tools Owned - MDI2 / Tech2 & lots more!
                      questions for me? email me at plasmasrepairs@gmail DOT com

Comment

Originally posted by plasma View Post

Not really looked into the amperage of alternators tbh, if voltage is low i would be suspecting earths / cables or dodge alternator but i can sweat we've been over this and do not know if the OP has even had any of this tested?
                        Apparently this has been going on since last September

Comment

I think back in September he had his gearbox changed,and then this alternator problem started ,
                          the garage he was using replaced 1 alternator ,then replaced it again ,but still the same ,then it all went quite.untill now and it's back again ,wether it ever went away in the first instance we never know
                          also that p2500 code is exactly the same code he had in September,because I remember saying to him check the alternator cables
                          Last edited by lizzard-t; 13-02-2024, 07:45 PM.

.K.M.P.C.U
                          YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Is there an earth on the gearbox? Could that be loose/bad connection/damaged if he’s had a gearbox replacement?

Comment

Originally posted by G!zzard1533 View Post
                              Is there an earth on the gearbox? Could that be loose/bad connection/damaged if he’s had a gearbox replacement?
                              It's a gearbox to chassis earth.
                              this wothint stop the car from starting or charging.

Comment

That's when it all started,after he had his gearbox replaced and he asked then wether there was an Earth strap on the gearbox because his alternator light was dodgy and he took it back to whoever did the work and they checked the earth points.

.K.M.P.C.U
                                YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Working...
                                X