X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheap Dash Cam Installed

andy-g, on 14 February 2014 - 09:41 PM, said:
    Looks pretty good for the money .

You sud get one 'glass back' ,dodgy for you driving down the 62!
    sigpic

Caught this crap driver the other day, sent the vid clip to the company and to who i work for to (just to cover myself)??starts at 58 seconds :

Comment

So i paid 33 pounds for the camera and a??further 9 pounds for the sd card runs off ignition starts recording straight away i run it in 1080p

Comment

Thing is deano there quite a size where the one i have is quite small :

http://www.ebay.co.u...984.m1497.l2649

was 32 pounds oops

Comment

Infrared light is outside of the normal visible light spectrum for all humans due to its longer wavelength. If an infrared camera is emitting shorter wavelength red light then it has an issue or simply isn't infrared.

Comment

I will try it myself, but i am going for this one, more expensive, but night vision is amazing. Probably will buy it next week so will let you know how it works. In only need to buy the charging cable, car mount and the card, as I already have the 5v adapter !!!

Comment

sinless, on 19 February 2014 - 11:51 PM, said:
              I will try it myself, but i am going for this one, more expensive, but night vision is amazing. Probably will buy it next week so will let you know how it works. In only need to buy the charging cable, car mount and the card, as I already have the 5v adapter !!!

I don`t work for the company and I am not associated somehow with them !!!

Comment

I know...., just playing it safe ...

Comment

And it has arrived, this is the second recording with it, is not installed on the car, yet. (the first one was during the evening, low light and i must say that the quality was amazing). Anyway, the mobius is a great small camera, with loads of features, i still need to figure out most of them. I bought it with a 3 meters cable (should be long enough for the rear lighter), data cable, and mounting thingie. Will try to upload more pics when is done, i am planing into installing it under the mirror. There is a forum (don`t know if i can post the link here, if you need it PM me), where they have managed to do pretty impressive things with this camera.

The video is in 1080 so ... enjoy it !!!

http://s806.photobuc...893325.mp4.html

Comment

Had no patience, this is how it looks like and another short clip.... what you think ?

On the clip I forgot that i have to change it in the software of the cam, to flip the image by 180 degrees, so, wither turn your laptop upside down....or wait till i take another shot (this time with the right settings)

http://s806.photobuc...9d8064.mp4.html

The clips, they have the MOV extension, photobucket converts them into mp4, if you want the original ones, will try to upload them on youtube as well (so you can see the quality of the video).

Comment

And there is the other clip, don`t mind the frizz ball on my head (and i call myself hairdresser ))) )

Comment

and an afternoon clip

Comment

I bought this one from ebay (?25)about 6 months ago, cheap but does the job , on board screen not brilliant but when viewed on PC its crystal clear. Night vision not good (2 x led's more for effect than light) but you can still view everything that is lit by headlamps. One big problem up here is if you leave in car when temperature is below zero it takes ages to warm up and work in morning. Thinking of upgrading to one that has GPS positioning and records speed etc.

http://www.ebay.co.u...19825840&_rdc=1
                          sigpic WOW Nice Car !!

Comment

I've got a full solid state dvr system in mine - front and rear cameras on separate recorders.??Works a treat.??I even got an insurance claim settled in 24 hrs (paid out) when some twit in a BMW decided to look into my boot in my old Vectra estate!??I've tranfered this to the new car now.??I'll post some pictures soon of the installation.??If i can find the video if the BMW, i'll post that too.

Must say though that they are a must nowadays.?? That being said, my insurance wont give me any discount as it's not been installed 'professionally'!!!!!!!??Halfrauds is apparantly an approved installer of their kit though!

EDIT - Removed the last bit - too much info!

Comment

Here's some pics of mine installed.

The last 2 are the DVR's with 32GB SD cards in.

Comment

Working...
                              X