Wireless Android Auto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wireless Android Auto

Loving having android auto on my 2017 Insignia Sport Tourer. The requirement to be cabled in feels really messy and inelegant.

I figured I could build something with a rasp pi to essentially create a hot-spot and forward android data to a USB port. While digging and realising it would be WAY more complex than I thought I found this:

AAWireless is now available via our official webshop: https://www.aawireless.io | Check out 'AAWireless' on Indiegogo.

The developer is very well known in the Android Auto community and has done some well regarded reverse engineering and custom setups. I've ordered one via indiegogo, it'll not be here for a couple of months but I'll update on the forum to report how it works once it arrives!

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

One of the things he's done is essentially a piggieback app which displays obd data through android auto. Managed to get it work fine but now wondering which of the 100s of obd readings I'd like! Decisions decisions!

Comment

This seems a good idea to have less cables around in the car. Is there any connection problems whilst using it? for example music cutting out or anything like that?

Comment

Originally posted by Oll1e2 View Post
        This seems a good idea to have less cables around in the car. Is there any connection problems whilst using it? for example music cutting out or anything like that?
        With it being an Indiegogo campaign it isn't going to arrive as soon as I thought. Delayed till late Feb so I'll report back then.

Comment

Originally posted by mathesonewan View Post
          With it being an Indiegogo campaign it isn't going to arrive as soon as I thought. Delayed till late Feb so I'll report back then.

Definitely gonna report???

Do a write up???

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post

Definitely gonna report???

Do a write up???
            I'll get my best school pencil at the ready.

Comment

Originally posted by mathesonewan View Post
              I'll get my best school pencil at the ready.

Brilliant........asking for a "friend"

Comment

Nice find that.

Comment

Working...
                X