X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Start Stop - Stopped working

Hi all,

My start stop seems to have stopped start stopping

I've not changed anything either, so anyone have any ideas?

I actually found it rather anoying, but now its stopped, i'm wondering why???

Thanks.

Hi Dave - Thats what i am thinking now, although it did used to work with the aircon etc on, but would restart after 30secs or so if i hadnt moved.??I'll have another check tomorrow.

Thanks.

Comment

The stop-start system helps to save

fuel and to reduce the exhaust

emissions. When conditions allow, it

switches off the engine as soon as the

vehicle is at a low speed or at a

standstill, e.g. at a traffic light or in a

traffic jam. It starts the engine

automatically as soon as the clutch is

depressed. A battery sensor ensures

that an Autostop is only performed if

the vehicle battery is sufficiently

charged for a restart.

Activation

The stop-start system is available as

soon as the engine is started, the

vehicle starts-off and the conditions

as stated below in this section are

fulfilled.

Comment

Thanks Ralby - I read the manual and yes, thats correct - but now its stopped doing so.??I'll turn everything off and try tomorrow.

Comment

Dave2166, on 25 May 2014 - 08:32 PM, said:
          just a thought, last time i was at the dealers, and in the past few months i've become first name friends with most of the service guys, i overheard a conversation on similar lines, apparently these new batteries can hold sufficient charge to start the car normally, but below a certain % it will prevent s/s from working.... the quote of mostly short journeys being the cause was mentioned..

maybe a good long blast on the motorway is needed for a few hours, cos the price of these new batteries isnt cheap

I wish that was the case.??I've only had the car from new new (14 plate) and done nearly 8000 miles now. my trips are not short trips

Comment

Tried all sorts today, but couldn't get it to work, then when i got out of the car the last time, the fans were on, so maybe it's the fans, and i haven't noticed them before???Possibly because of all the warm weather???I'll try it in the morning - at least it should be cooler then, so no fans!

Comment

Working...
            X