Turbo not learned

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turbo not learned

I have an error on opcom that says the turbo hasn't been learned.

Does anyone know what this could be or how to fix it?

Turbo currently doesn't kick in..

What is the error code?
    Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Fairly sure it was P003A

Comment

Have you had any work done on the car that may have affected the Turbocharger?

DTC P003A 00: Turbocharger Vane Position Not Learned
        Circuit/System Description

The engine control module (ECM) performs the turbocharger learn procedure automatically when the enabling criteria have been met. After each ignition cycle, and before the enable criteria have been met, the ECM will use the previously learned value. If the ECM does not have a previously learned value, it will default to a stored calibrated value.

The ECM commands the turbocharger vane control solenoid to position the turbocharger vanes, and a turbocharger vane position sensor monitors the actual position of the vanes. The ECM varies the boost dependant upon the load requirements of the engine.
        Conditions for Running the DTC
        • The battery voltage is equal to or greater than 11 V.
        • The ECM is commanding the turbocharger vanes open or closed during a position learn process.
        • The engine speed is between 750–850 RPM.
        • The engine coolant temperature (ECT) is between 73–96°C (163–205°F).
        • DTC P003A runs once per key cycle when the above conditions are met.
        Conditions for Setting the DTC
        • The engine control module (ECM) determines that the difference between the turbocharger desired vane position sensor and the actual turbocharger vane position exceed a calibrated threshold during a valid learn event.
        • The above condition is met.
        Action Taken When the DTC Sets

DTC P003A is a Type C DTC.
        Conditions for Clearing the DTC

DTC P003A is a Type C DTC.
        Diagnostic Aids

If any service has been performed on the turbocharger or on the turbocharger components, a turbocharger relearn must be performed. Failure to perform the turbocharger learn procedure may cause other DTCs to set.

The turbocharger learn procedure is required when the following service procedures have been performed:
        • Turbocharger vane position control solenoid valve replacement
        • Turbocharger vane position sensor replacement
        • ECM replacement
        • Turbocharger replacement
        • Any service that disturbs the turbocharger components
        Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

double post

Comment

i have seen the above article, its making me hope it will start to work once the conditions are met.

i've recently replaced the EGR cooler which does have some interaction with the turbo, i have also replaced the DPF pressure sensor.

Comment

Hi did you have any joy getting it to learn as such as I have a similar problem with mine

Comment

Are you using opcom ? If so what version , ? And hopefully it's not a China clone version
                the option to ,earn the vain position is under engine programming.
                have you done any work in or around the turbo
                Like boost control solenoid replacement.
                Have you checked the boost control arm is moving the vaines?

.K.M.P.C.U
                YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Working...
                X