Loud humming from engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loud humming from engine

Could well be the boost control valve, located to the right of the bonnet catch.

Get it done before it fails completely. You might find it impacts on mpg if you don't.

Comment

Keeefy, on 16 September 2014 - 09:48 PM, said:
      Mine makes a noise if I slam the bonnet down what is the rough cost of the part. It is like a groaning noise

Mine does this when I pop the bonnet after driving, but the engine is off so I wouldn't think it was the boost valve!

Comment

I get the odd noise, does it sound a bit like an exhaust blow, humming sort of noise?

Comment

I just fitted the valve without this new add on bit,been fine for last 3 months, ,,touch wood
          ​2015 Sri vx line nav Biturbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Thanks to this site i had this issue on my Insignia and was able to diagnose it. All fixed this morning at dealer under warranty. Mechanic said they replace a lot of these due to the humming noise.
            Live to ride, Ride to live

Comment

Well the noise is now cured

Comment

This is the part added, Small valve added to pipe on bottom of main unit (to the left of the off white dome)

Comment

Working...
                X