Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Limp Mode - Regen needed or new/remove DPF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Limp Mode - Regen needed or new/remove DPF?

mcalr3, on 27 July 2014 - 05:18 PM, said:
    Just looked up a guy who does the deletions and removals on gumtree and he told me not to do a regen because he has seen "more and more" of them melting the fuel tank due to the 600+deg temperatures. Is this bullshit?

Yep, that's Bull, however the DPF do get hot.

Removal of the DPF is illegal:

It is an offence under the Road vehicles (Construction and Use) Regulations (Regulation 61a(3) to use a vehicle which has been modified in such a way that it no longer complies with the air pollutant emissions standards it was designed to meet. The potential penalties for failing to comply with Regulation 61a are fines of up to ?1,000 for a car or ?2,500 for a light goods vehicle.

Comment

mcalr3, on 29 July 2014 - 03:46 PM, said:
      I am aware of it being an office if caught.

The DPF delete I was referring do is hollowing out the existing DPF and deleting it from the ECU.

I am willing to take that risk in order for no more DPF problems and for a better driving car.

And you will of course let any future owners know what you have done though?

Comment

ghost.rider, on 29 July 2014 - 06:54 PM, said:

And you will of course let any future owners know what you have done though???/>

And the insurance company, of course.

Comment

Had a regen on mine using a snap on machine. Cleared the dpf a fair bit & I am planning a trip to Edinburgh tomorrow night (about 40 miles or so) later at night so it should hopefully do another regen for me to make sure it is clear

Comment

Working...
          X