X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EGR Cooler...pi$$ing itself!

Is this what i need:

http://www.ebay.co.u...=p2054897.l4275

and how are they to fit, fairly straightforward or is it worth letting my garage do it?

Ta mate.....it says in Haynes manual to drain the cooling system, this is where I'd get stuck as I've nowhere to drain it

Comment

Sutol, on 04 August 2014 - 11:54 PM, said:
      Red drain plug bottom??left side of rad, or like me just take it off and let it run out onto the ground!

Don't forget the 2 bleed valves to get the air out when refilling

I'm sure letting it run onto the ground is illegal due to it being classed as a contaminate.

It certainly won't do any wildlife any good and is highly dangerous to cat's and dog's

Comment

Sutol, on 04 August 2014 - 11:54 PM, said:
        Red drain plug bottom??left side of rad, or like me just take it off and let it run out onto the ground!

Don't forget the 2 bleed valves to get the air out when refilling

Cheers...so is that repair kit in the link what i need?

It looks like it'll be a garage job as i've literally nowhere to drain the coolant to...and i wouldnt let it run onto the ground at all, its dangerous stuff!

mcpitman, on 05 August 2014 - 12:38 PM, said:
        I'm sure letting it run onto the ground is illegal due to it being classed as a contaminate.

It certainly won't do any wildlife any good and is highly dangerous to cat's and dog's

I agree, not good at all.

Comment

MadOnVaux!, on 05 August 2014 - 03:16 PM, said:so is that repair kit in the link what i need?

can anyone confirm this please?? need to get it ordered and booked in asap!

Comment

OK cheers, part ordered

Comment

Oops I didn't drain mine, just undid the Cooler & replaced whatever fluid managed to escape . Was done in my mates garage with absorbent paper underneath though so it was all good

Comment

del19_82, on 07 August 2014 - 01:54 AM, said:
                Oops I didn't drain mine, just undid the Cooler & replaced whatever fluid managed to escape . Was done in my mates garage with absorbent paper underneath though so it was all good

How much actually 'escapes' then?

Comment

There wasn't much actually, maybe a litre or so.

Comment

It's booked in at my garage on Tuesday, its just easier for them to do it.

How big a job is removing the cooler? it looks very involved in the Haynes manual...seems quite a few other components have to be removed to get the cooler off and out....just wondering about labour costs thats all?

Comment

There is 5 bolts I'm sure holding it on along with a rubber seal. We just moved some stuff out the way & fitted it. Took about an hour all in.

Comment

Cheers

I was re-looking at the Haynes....it gives instructions for the actual cooler being removed, but this is just replacing the outer vacuum tank, so doesnt sound quite as involved going from what you said

Comment

Yeah it's literally just the front plastic part. Bolts are a bit fiddly but it's really not difficult to do

Comment

del19_82, on 11 August 2014 - 01:13 PM, said:
                            Yeah it's literally just the front plastic part. Bolts are a bit fiddly but it's really not difficult to do

Excellent, at least it will only be an hour and abit labour

Also, the company i bought the new tank from, have sent me another by mistake....which i emailed to tell them, but they havent got back to me ha ha....so i might have one for sale soon !!

Comment

What is the other gasket in the repair kit for?

Comment

Working...
                              X