Insigina Key Stuck In Ignition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RBH View Post
    It's like most new members when they post..... straight into their problem, get the tried and tested solution and they either don't try it, don't believe you or piss off never to return coz its worked.

At least the OP is searching for different ways to resolve his issue, but..........I would at least have tried your fix, before searching any further.

OP, when searching for answers, have a look at the dates the "member" posted, also check how many posts they've had and even click onto they're profile and see when they last logged in.

The one you clicked above, joined, made 1 post, never to return......these are the types of fukwits that do my tits in on a forum.
    They join up, to get a solution never to return until another problem arises........that's why I would never respond, as you can tell the type of member they are just by the initial post.
    That is one of the reasons why I didn’t put the solution to his problem until he went and introduced himself
    Fair play for him in using the search function on the forum, but as you say, at least try the solution first. thead
    LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

Latest update.
      I have driven around today and parked numerous times uphill ,downhill ,right hand slope ,left hand slope, steering on full left lock , full right hand lock and the key released every time - Sod’s law or what! So no nearer using the reset tool.
      Reading some of the comments on this thread I would like to say that I have come on this site in peace so to say. I am definitely not one of the ‘ fuckwits’ I fully respect all your advice which is why I am on here. I have got more info from you guys than I have from the mechanics(lose term) at the Vaux main dealer.
      The reason I am looking for the permanent solution is because I , like many of you guys, polish and clean my car and tell everyone what a brilliant car it is and then when I give them a lift or whatever I can’t let the f***ing key out of the ignition(this has happened more than twice now). I find that very embarrassing.
      The situation with the dealer is that they have ordered a new barrel(10 working days would you believe ) and I am going to tell them to wait until I am able to use the reset tool which might be tomorrow or next week or next month. If the reset tool works then I can safely assume that the gearshift mechanism is the likely cause- would you think that is a safe assumption?
      Once again thanks for your knowledge and that I am definitely not trying to undermine you all.
      I you are still interested after this monologue I will keep you updated.
      Steve

Comment

I am sure that we would all appreciate any update you can supply.
        Sorry if you have been offended by any comments I have made. None intended.
        We get so many people join up with a problem, then once that problem is solved, they disappear until the next problem arises.
        LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveS View Post
          Latest update.
          I have driven around today and parked numerous times uphill ,downhill ,right hand slope ,left hand slope, steering on full left lock , full right hand lock and the key released every time - Sod’s law or what! So no nearer using the reset tool.
          Reading some of the comments on this thread I would like to say that I have come on this site in peace so to say. I am definitely not one of the ‘ fuckwits’ I fully respect all your advice which is why I am on here. I have got more info from you guys than I have from the mechanics(lose term) at the Vaux main dealer.
          The reason I am looking for the permanent solution is because I , like many of you guys, polish and clean my car and tell everyone what a brilliant car it is and then when I give them a lift or whatever I can’t let the f***ing key out of the ignition(this has happened more than twice now). I find that very embarrassing.
          The situation with the dealer is that they have ordered a new barrel(10 working days would you believe ) and I am going to tell them to wait until I am able to use the reset tool which might be tomorrow or next week or next month. If the reset tool works then I can safely assume that the gearshift mechanism is the likely cause- would you think that is a safe assumption?
          Once again thanks for your knowledge and that I am definitely not trying to undermine you all.
          I you are still interested after this monologue I will keep you updated.
          Steve
          Well.....I hope your true to your word and not be labelled as "a fukwit".

Like I said, there's too many just joining up to get an answer coz the plebs on faceache don't know how to fix it.

We see it constantly mate.
          The rant wasn't directed at you, but it's a generalisation.
          They join up, 1st post is their issue.
          They get guidance how to fix, they disappear.
          They then rear their ugly head 2 years down the line because they've another issue that the faceache morons don't know and they post again.

That's certainly not my perception of a community.

So, yes please, keep us informed of the out come and keep posting.
          Get involved the banter etc on here as this is probably the best car forum that's on the web.

As I've said time and time again, you on!y get out, what you put in.

Comment

Isn't the knebworth dealers is it?

Comment

Where do I use the rest . For my stuck key

Comment

Where is the reset area on my car.

Comment

It's described in the owners handbook if you have access. You need to pull up on the shift lever surround to gain access below the shift gaiter. Under there and to the right of the shifter, is a slot you can push a small screwdriver in.

Comment

Working...
                  X