Replacing Egr cooler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing Egr cooler

Yup fiddly wee job but about an hours work tops.

I didn't drain it, just stuck a bucket under to catch the wee drop that came out. You could drain it if you wanted too though.

Comment

Nope I didn't bleed mine at all. Just gave the pipes a squeeze & kept the cap off the coolant bottle until any air had escaped. Not been a change in level since. Glad you got it changed

Comment

Is this the EGR cooler???- The bit that is rusting... My coolant needs topping up now and again, so this seem to be where it's leaking from.

Comment

ghost.rider, on 10 September 2014 - 12:58 PM, said:
          Is this the EGR cooler???- The bit that is rusting... My coolant needs topping up now and again, so this seem to be where it's leaking from.

Can't see clearly. To me it's looks like turbo?!

Comment

Yeh, just had another look and it is the small turbo.??Looking at it, it's probably beacuse thats the bit that gets hot!??Any ideas where the coolant could be going?

Comment

ghost.rider, on 10 September 2014 - 04:29 PM, said:
              Yeh, just had another look and it is the small turbo.??Looking at it, it's probably beacuse thats the bit that gets hot!??Any ideas where the coolant could be going?

EGR cooler.

At the back of the engine, below intake manifold, it's connected to EGR valve. My engine is A20DTH

Comment

Peter vardy are selling them for ?27 or so. Most dealers should be similar

Comment

Working...
                X