Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about sprited driving

Did you win,,,,,
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav Biturbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Did you win,,,,,
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav Biturbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

andy-g, on 14 September 2014 - 04:32 PM, said:
      How the **** is 3600-3800rpm having a race??

And dont worry your car will be fine even your race.

JDX-VXR, on 14 September 2014 - 04:33 PM, said:
      That's also a good point! ... I reckon it needs to be at least 5500rpm to qualify as a race

He's driving a diesel! Anything over 3500rpm is spirited, and he'll be falling off the torque curve by 4200rpm.

Anyway, I presume no one is condoning racing on the public highway. Tut! tut!

Seriously, a bit of a thrashing every now and then is actually a good thing for most engines, diesel or petrol.

It will help clear out carbon and soot from the combustion chambers, exhaust ports and injectors. It will also get the engine oil good and hot and drive off some of the inevitable moisture and fuel contamination.

Just have some consideration in how you do it. Like not doing it from cold, drive gently for little bit afterward to let things cool off, and idle for about a minute before switching off.
      Elite ST 2.0i Auto. Power Red With All The Toys

Comment

andy-g, on 14 September 2014 - 04:32 PM, said:
        How the **** is 3600-3800rpm having a race??

And dont worry your car will be fine even your race.

JDX-VXR, on 14 September 2014 - 04:33 PM, said:
        That's also a good point! ... I reckon it needs to be at least 5500rpm to qualify as a race

He's driving a diesel! Anything over 3500rpm is spirited, and he'll be falling off the torque curve by 4200rpm.

Anyway, I presume no one is condoning racing on the public highway. Tut! tut!

Seriously, a bit of a thrashing every now and then is actually a good thing for most engines, diesel or petrol.

It will help clear out carbon and soot from the combustion chambers, exhaust ports and injectors. It will also get the engine oil good and hot and drive off some of the inevitable moisture and fuel contamination.

Just have some consideration in how you do it. Like not doing it from cold, drive gently for little bit afterward to let things cool off, and idle for about a minute before switching off.
        Elite ST 2.0i Auto. Power Red With All The Toys

Comment

I used to take my vectra diesel to 4000rpm when giving it some beans but that was a remapped car, nice burst of power, when remapped it driven quite like a petrol.

IN MEMORY OF NIGHTSCREAM THE 1.6 TURBO SRI NAV
          Now driving - Mazda 6 Tourer SE-L Lux Nav+ 2.0 143 Skyactiv-G

Comment

I used to take my vectra diesel to 4000rpm when giving it some beans but that was a remapped car, nice burst of power, when remapped it driven quite like a petrol.

IN MEMORY OF NIGHTSCREAM THE 1.6 TURBO SRI NAV
            Now driving - Mazda 6 Tourer SE-L Lux Nav+ 2.0 143 Skyactiv-G

Comment

Bhp sells cars. Torque wins races

Comment

Bhp sells cars. Torque wins races

Comment

I quite regularly give mine a boot full just because I can . Take the revs to 4.2k then change, pulls like a train through every gear

Comment

I quite regularly give mine a boot full just because I can . Take the revs to 4.2k then change, pulls like a train through every gear

Comment

Working...
                    X