Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 200bhp cdti insignia

Apparently not mate

Getting the DPF insides removed but leaving the outter casing in place, whilst illegal (and a £1,000 fine if caught), will pass the MOT

Comment

Depends who you take it to. But be warned... if you get caught you'll be one unhappy chap. Removing the dpf is an mot failure. Dont try cheat the system

Comment

Try north east remaps, I've heard good things about them.

Comment

I am in that position I have had my car for just over a month roughly now and I wasn't aware of the complications of a dpf removal. Mine has had it removed and re mapped to accommodate the same. The Mot was only done in June and passed with flying colours so I think as long as emissions are all ok it will pass a mot
          sigpic

Comment

That split pipe is what causes the DPF issues. If the Code reader is saying the DPF is the problem then it is 99% positive that it will need a regen. With the EML on it might not regen on it's own which would mean it needs to be forced to do so.

Comment

I didn't get my checked by VX, I used the info on this forum & my mates copy of tech2 to diagnose it myself. I had SVS and limp mode.??No way was I letting those monkeys that work for stealers anywhere near my car if I could avoid it! Even changed the pipe myself for one I bought from Autovaux (web dealer) for ?86 delivered. Once fitted my other mate did a forced regen for me and the car is running good again

Comment

Dont want to cause an argument here and do not mean to be rude but what field do you work in. I would be very surprised if they looked that closely at a car to check if dpf had been removed after a rta. Unless there was something visually modified to a car or there was evidence the car was travelling at excessive speed or their was no explanation why the rta happened they would not check anything. I work in insurance not car insurance mind but they would not be paying someone to check every detail of every car after an accident. Would be a waste of time and money
                sigpic

Comment

Pondy81, on 16 September 2014 - 08:52 PM, said:
                  Dont want to cause an argument here and do not mean to be rude but what field do you work in. I would be very surprised if they looked that closely at a car to check if dpf had been removed after a rta. Unless there was something visually modified to a car or there was evidence the car was travelling at excessive speed or their was no explanation why the rta happened they would not check anything. I work in insurance not car insurance mind but they would not be paying someone to check every detail of every car after an accident. Would be a waste of time and money

If they have even a sniff that all is not right with a vehicle I can guarantee they will go over it with a fine tooth comb. You can't tell me that when you take the DPF apart, remove the internals & re-weld it that it won't be noticable if the insurer is looking for it!

Comment

im not saying they won't be able to find it I'm just saying why would they be looking? having your dpf removed will not cause you to have a crash..
                    sigpic

Comment

No it won't but if you have it removed & have a crash and then the insurance adjuster notices it your insurance is null & void!

Comment

They will check all of that but if they so happen to notice that the DPF has been tampered with then 100% they will use that as a get out of jail free card by declaring your insurance void. I worked for insurance for a while, they can and will do anything to get out of paying out.

Comment

They could try but they would not win. Having this in your car or not would not change the outcome of the accident. You could play dumb and say you was not aware it was removed and as long as you have valid MOT all would be ok.
                          sigpic

Comment

Pondy81, on 16 September 2014 - 09:33 PM, said:
                            They could try but they would not win. Having this in your car or not would not change the outcome of the accident. You could play dumb and say you was not aware it was removed and as long as you have valid MOT all would be ok.

You can't say they won't win. It is a legal requirement that the DPF is fitted & in working order. It would be up to you to prove you didn't know that it had been removed (impossible to do). Remember that insurance companies have you over a barrel. They aren't stupid and are well aware of what goes on in the real world

I know fine well that 99% of the people having this done will never have an issue (I considered it myself earlier this year) & that it most likely won't get checked but there are jobsworths everywhere looking to screw people over.

Comment

Talking of being screwed over... once someone in Government understands what is being done, I expect the MOT to be changed again to a more stringent emissions test which can only be passed??with a DPF present (if originally fitted).

Comment

Working...
                              X